Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Chain tugs, do they actually work on Geyer SS bikes?
  • scruff
    Free Member

My commuter has a bolt up back axle but even when done up fuggin tight over time the rear wheel creeps forward under my considerable power. Will chain tugs alleviate the problem or will they just add extra faff and not do much?

scaredypants

well, they work OK for a normal rider but I suspect you're much much more than just that ..

kinda666
    Free Member

Perhaps you should cut back on the power xc??

jackthedog
    Free Member

Yes – chaintugs work. I recommend you use them.

BigJohn

I used to pull the wheel over to the side when going up the railway bridge, thus jamming the tyre against the chainstay. As I regularly need to sprint away from gangs of chavs who get upset when I shout "Pikeys!" this was something I needed to remedy.

Since fitting chain tugs, I have been free to enlighten them on their racial origins without fear.

Because my commuter has got old fashioned horizontal dropouts I had to do a bit of filing, but I got them to work.

llama

yes they work and its less faff because you have better control on tension and the wheel always goes back in the same place when you remove it

Only need 1 though

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Chain tugs, do they actually work on Geyer SS bikes?’ is closed to new replies.