Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Chain tugs
  • partyboy1101
    Free Member

Has anyone found a chain tug that actually works with and On One Scandal frame with sliding dropouts?
    The On One tugs are bloody ugly….too ugly for my beautiful bike!
    The Surly Tuggnut doesn’t have enough adjustment to get suitable tension and can only be used on one of the holes due to the shape of the dropout.
    The gusset tugs are heavy, have odd shaped metal stays that don’t fit the end of the drop out and when wound out bind against the oversize metal ring!

Suggestions please!!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Hmmm, I use a Surley one.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member
    wwaswas

that’s easy for you to say!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Bloody computer illiterate me.

wwaswas

simon1975

Presume you mean the frame with track ends that On-one coined “Slot dropout”?

These should work http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/product/33427/KF_PR_Star_Chain_Tensioners

But then again so should the Surly… It sounds like you have an unfortunate gear ratio if you can’t get the tension right. I have a Pompino and always need a half-link in my chain to make it work with fat(ish) tyres and 39:16.

partyboy1101
    Free Member

Mine has the new fangled swap outs. Running 36 x 19 and it means the tug needs to be towards the end of the dropout

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I was presuming you meant the old slot dropouts too, sorry. Try a half link chain?

GDRS

I have a Scandal with the swap out drop outs and use the standard on-one tug – however make sure you have the tug that is for a QR and not a solid axle.

WWAS gave me the same advice previously – and I have applied the QR portion of the advice to the on-one tug and it is ROCK SOLID.

partyboy1101
    Free Member

Half link chains seem to stretch very quickly, I could use one half link but I’d rather just buy the right tug……if there is one

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Chain tugs’ is closed to new replies.