Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Chain Tool suggestions
  • ac505
    Free Member

Need a new chain tool, Just looking on the Wiggle site, there are loads of options, any recommendations?

lunge

I’ve got a big Park workshop one. It’s a lump of a thing but it is a treat to use.

coatesy
    Free Member

Park CT3, had mine in the workshop for years. Almost idiot-proof, but not quite (2 idiots, 2 breakages), so avoid lending it, and you’ll have it forever.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Live the park ct3 but less sure of the ct3.2 that seems to have replaced it

bellefied
    Free Member

park tools mini brute chain tool – lives in my saddle bag for when I need it on the trail and does the job with ease – you can also use it back at home too! 😀

If you’re going to be doing a lot of chains a year then maybe look at a bigger one, but I wanted one to keep with me and its been perfect the few times I’ve need to use it.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

workshop – pedros
    in pack – park

Big-Pete
    Free Member
    OCB
    Free Member

Having just played with one in my LBS, I’ll shortly be replacing the generic one I carry on the bike, with the new Park CT-6.3.

At home I use a Shimano TL-CN23, which I’ve had for ever (almost).

JoeG
    Free Member

I’ve used a Park CT-5 for years. Its normally in the camelbak, but I use it for chain shortening at home as well. I’ve never seen the need for a larger shop type one, as the little Park does fine.

That CT-6.3 does look nice, though!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Chain Tool suggestions’ is closed to new replies.