Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Chain Suck on a MOJO?
  • Wookster

Any one had it on here??? Is it a big problem in the mud?? I've just seen a big post on mtbr.

Never seen a review or post about this over or on uk sites, here any experience?

Thanks

Wookie

D0NK

Chain suck is caused by your rings/chain not the frame design, that only decides what gets damaged if (or more likely when) it does happen. No idea what the frames like tho.

Wookster

true mate but some frames are worse for it is the mojo one?/

dreednya

I'll let you know in a week or two. Getting a frame next week and should be built up by the weekend :D.

couldgetacarforthat
    Free Member

Recent problem and just changed small chainring where chain suck was most common. Problem solved.

Shimano rings lasted just under a year of Peak District grinding paste. Think this problem is poorly understood and hence not mentioned much on forums.

First time I had it I virtually replaced entire drivetrain before I was told solution

retro83
    Free Member

Recent problem and just changed small chainring where chain suck was most common. Problem solved.

Shimano rings lasted just under a year of Peak District grinding paste. Think this problem is poorly understood and hence not mentioned much on forums.

First time I had it I virtually replaced entire drivetrain before I was told solution

Isn't chainsuck where the chain is caught on the chainring somehow and rides up into the chainstay?

If so, and not meaning to be rude, but isn't the chainring one of the first things you'd consider?

benjag
    Free Member

I would say it is more prone to chain suck for some reason. I ripped the stainless steel protector plate off mine in peak mud. Even with new chain/chainring it still likes to pull up the chain when it get really muddy. I'm going to take a couple of links out of my chain to see if it helps. it is well documented on MTBR as being strangley susceptible.

That said they are a mint bike and I can't wait to give mine a blast round Les Gets in a weeks time!

couldgetacarforthat
    Free Member

I recall thinking it was a chain defect first then a shifting problem.

I always seem to end up 'repairing' my bike at maximum cost and hassle.

Bike got several entirely unnecessary upgrades but to be honest its weird how little guilt I feel about the whole thing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Chain Suck on a MOJO?’ is closed to new replies.