Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • chain reaction your having a laugh
  • foxyboy
    Free Member

Saw some avid elixir 1 front and rear disc brakes for £90 so i gave them a ring as my mate was after some for his bike. And guess what it does not include cables or bolts for the rotors for attaching to the hubs. Are they taking the mick or is this normal when you buy disc brakes?

PGreen
    Free Member

Mail order company in cheap disc brake not all parts included shocker.

Makes them look cheaper doesn’t it?

If you don’t like it go to a Bike shop. You might get a coffee whilst they fit them on your bike for free.

scaredypants

cables ? you mean the hydraulic hose ? That’s really not a brakeset that they’re selling, just some spare parts

wrecker
    Free Member

Cheaper at on one anyway.

nickdavies

Merlin do them for just under £90, plus an extra 6% off and should be a complete set pre bled with bolts and everything else – check with them but the brakeset I had from them was complete. I just had to shorten and rebleed.

foxyboy
    Free Member

i rang merlin nick and they told me the same as what you have said, so my friend will be ordering from them instead. I should have gone onto their website first as i have bought shed loads of stuff off them over the years and they are very good folk to do business with.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Did you ask CRC if the “brake” came with hose and bolts or did you just go off on one due to the picture not having those items in it?

rOcKeTdOg

Zulus

i gave them a ring

I read the original post, controversial i know..

wrecker
    Free Member

Am I missing something?
    Avid Elixir 1. £39.99 per end, in stock with hoses, rotors etc etc.
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/BCAVELIX1/avid_elixir_1_disc_brake

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Am I missing something?

No. I bought them and they came with everything needed. The only thing to look out for is the front brake hose length. It was too short for me so just bought 2 rears(they’re ambi) and will shorten the front when they need bled. A 160mm rotor up front is fine for me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘chain reaction your having a laugh’ is closed to new replies.