Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Chain reaction let down :( ..
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Ordered myself a pair of Magura Durin x forks at the start of the week 🙂 ….
    Did find them cheaper at wiggle, but there’s are shown with black decals on white fork legs, which i didnt really like 🙁
    Today they turned up from CRC, and guess what ? …. yep black decals on fork legs , NOT RED as shown on CRC`s site … so now have to pack them all up again and send them back ….more pissing around !!
    Thanks chain reaction !

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Wow, your life would probably be alot easier if you cared less about such frivolous things.

grum
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I can sympathise. Not as described, basically. If you’re scouring the Internet looking for a specific item in a specific colour, there’s no reason you should have to keep them. I’d be annoyed too.

funkrodent

“I don’t have enough crisps for my dip, but if I open another packet of crisps, I won’t have enough dip for my crisps.”

Problems, problems..

cbike
    Free Member

You could always ask before ordering if it’s that big a deal. Product Images are usually just a guide. No point in getting upset about a such a minor inconvenience.

simonbowns
    Free Member

some things are there to test us, no doubt.

Junkyard
    Free Member

You are in my prayers at this difficult time 😉
    Such are the perils of getting cheap stuff from internet suppliers caveat emptor etc and at least they pay for returns these days

svalgis
    Free Member

It’s funny because you know everyone in here would be annoyed in that situation, just not openly complaining in fear of ruining their cool careless image.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

@ peterpoddy …. thanks 🙂 …. got what i expected really ! ….. end of the day my money, my choice ….. if i pay for red decals , then i should get red decals :)) … crc should sort there site out ! ..

as for the other quotes above !! … 🙂 …. couldn’t give a shit !

grum
    Free Member

I’d be mildly annoyed too but I’m not sure it was worthy of starting a ranty thread. If the decal issue was that important you probably should have checked with CRC before ordering.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

And the wiggle ones are £27 cheaper !! …
    @ grum ? …why should i check with crc ?? ….. im buying whats shown !

grum
    Free Member

And the black decals look better! 🙂

You should check because their pictures are often inaccurate re specific models/colours and you could have avoided getting annoyed/disappointed.

mamadirt
    Free Member

their their . . . 😉

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

@ mama … thanks mwah x
    @ grum … black decals look shite !

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

stumpy_m4 – Member
    @ mama … thanks mwah x

their, that’s better

mboy
    Free Member

And the wiggle ones are £27 cheaper !! …

Just a thought before you send a perfect good fork back…

27 quid will probably buy you an awful lot of red stickers from Magura!

Drac

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

@ drac 😀 .. thanks .. need it

somafunk

Stickerz on bikes r4 kidz, i haz mbuk stickerz if u lke?

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

@ somafunk = Knob !

twoniner
    Free Member

It’s funny because you know everyone in here would be annoyed in that situation, just not openly complaining in fear of ruining their cool careless image.

This ^^

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Accuracy of information

We put a lot of time and effort into describing and photographing the products we sell using manufacturer’s websites, catalogues, our own photography studio and often our own descriptions of the products.

Although we aim that every picture and description is 100% accurate, mistakes do occur so let us know if you see or read something that isn’t correct. If you’ve purchased something based on a picture or description on the website which turns out to be incorrect we’ll happily replace or refund the product.

Sh1t happens,

Oh and TART!

taxi25
    Free Member

from terms and conditions.

[/quote]
    Although we aim that every picture and description is 100% accurate, mistakes do occur so let us know if you see or read something that isn’t correct. If you’ve purchased something based on a picture or description on the website which turns out to be incorrect we’ll happily replace or refund the product.

send it back they’ll refund the postage as well. If you can’t get red decals anywhere, order from Wiggle to save the £27. Its what I would do

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Maybe you could cover it with one of these: (Sorry only come in black)

somafunk

It was humour you **** wit but seeing as it flew over your head – i apologise

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

@ somafunk .. i know ! …. wanted to see what you`d say 😀 …. no offence

somafunk

You win, I bit back….bugger…… 🙁

rickon
    Free Member

Their photos are for illustration only… I found out when I bought what I thought was a tapered steerer, which ended up being delivered as a straight steerer. CRC couldn’t have cared less.

And the big ‘ol machine keeps on turning. You pays your money and you takes your chances.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The key is really were they described properly, loads of stuff has 1 pic for lots of colours etc.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Wow, your life would probably be alot easier if you cared less about such frivolous things.

And at what point is it OK to start caring that items purchased are not as described? Do tell, Dave…we’re all desperate to benefit from your wisdom!

Cougar

Thread derailment hoovered.

(Other vacuum cleaners are also available.)

bigyinn
    Free Member

Thanks cougar.
    Apologies from me for that train wreck. 😳

bland

id say you were lucky, god awful forks!

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

@ Bland … why ?… more info please ?

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Chain reaction let down :( ..’ is closed to new replies.