Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Chain Reaction Cycles SLOW to refund after faulty goods supplied
  • shogunsteve
    Free Member

Basically I bought some forks from them, they arrived leaking. Call was immediately put through to CRC stating this. CRC collected on 30th of April. As of today (12th may) they still have not refunded me, despite 10 or 15 emails and numerous phone calls.

ON verge of a credit card claw back but just wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of a directors email address or offer some other advice to get this sorted?

Cheers,
    Steve.

Hadge
    Free Member

I’ve just had a front wheel built by them. It’s not running true at all and came without rim tape. I emailed them, got a very quick reply asking for details. I’ve given them the info then I’ve heard nothing from them since. Usually give very very good serivce so most unusal.

shogunsteve
    Free Member

I’ve never had issue with them either, but then I’ve never had a problem before. Goods are normally shipped quickly and arrive without any problem. However, I have not been impressed with how they have dealt things when there is a problem!

JxL
    Free Member

interesting how a well-respected shop can soon go downhill… There have been loads of complaints about CRC recently, with poorly written letters, bad attitude regarding refunds etc.

Personally never had an issue with them, exchanged some knee pads and later returned them, got a refund in few days (it was about 2 months ago).

Hadge
    Free Member

There doesn’t appear any probs regarding exchanges or on deliveries – it’s when there’s something wrong that there does. I’m sure it’ll all come out in the wash as they say.

shogunsteve
    Free Member

I’m sure it will too.

What defines a company is how it treats customers when there is a problem and how quickly that problem is resolved.

Its a shame, it might put me off buying from them again.

shogunsteve
    Free Member

My email to them today:

P***,

It has already been stated to me by yourselves [in an email] that these forks have been received back. Indeed, these forks were signed for by a member of your staff, specifically D ****** on May 5th.

I am now giving you notice that unless my card is credited back with the £199.98 that was debited on April 24th, I shall be contacting Trading Standards and my credit card company (to instruct claw back) and if required issuing a claim through small claims court, without further reference to yourselves. This means I shall not contact you any further or permit any further delays to be incurred on myself.

You now have 7 days for the refund to clear on to my credit card.

I have been more than patient and your customer service is perfect until there is a problem and then it leaves alot to be desired.

As always, my contact details are:

grumm
    Free Member

Sounds bad but nowhere near as bad as SBR Sports/Bonthrone Bikes. Took months and lots of emails to get my refund off them for something they claimed to have in stock, then said they couldn’t actually get hold of at all.

uplink
    Free Member

IIRC – they have 30 days in which to refund you

shogunsteve
    Free Member

Yes its 30 days legally, but they collected it from me on April 30th and refund was requested then. I would have expected them to be decent (as they received it back on May 5th) and refund me as soon as they got it back.

sonic
    Free Member

well, it seems to me (in the nicest possible way!) that you are being quite impatient with them. threatening them with taking it to court because they haven’t refunded you 7 days after receiving the goods back? If you want the good prices that come with mail order, you have to accept the time delays that come with it too – as has already been said, they have 30 days to refund you. so chillax, get yourself a coffee, and give it some time!

shogunsteve
    Free Member

How long should a customer have to wait after faulty goods are delivered. And also whilst they didnt receive them back until 5th of may they were collected on 30th of April.

They confirmed in an email that they had them on 5th of may, so why have they not even actioned the refund yet?

And why should I “chillax” ??!!!

And fyi their prices are not that great that I expect to be kept waiting so long!

woody2000

Do they have to refund you immediately? Aren’t they allowed an opportunity to put right any faults first?

shogunsteve
    Free Member

No not under trading rules. Whether they are faulty or not, distance selling regulations give different rights which means you can request a refund upto seven days after receipt.

OK, on that note, I’d like to say thank you to CRC for actioning my refund today.

finbar
    Free Member

I bought some brakeblocks from CRC that were manufactured incorrectly (shape a bit wrong). Posted ’em back and got a refund the day they arrived.

Shandy
    Free Member

Action is not a verb.

That is all.

juan
    Free Member

Have you though that maybe they have refunded you and that it’s the bank/CC company that is holding everything up?

Plus I fail to see what do you gain in posting that on a forum? Are you trying to get andy involed?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Action is not a verb

should be past tense.

Shandy
    Free Member

Action was not a verb?

zokes
    Free Member

Implying that action was not a verb, but now is???

Eh?

alexpalacefan

Steve I’m with you Pal. TThe mot important thing a business has is it’s reputation, and shoddy customer service damages that. What do they think of their customers if they are prepared to treat them this way?

Glad to hear you finally got the refund, I wonder if this post had anything to do with it?

TTFN,

Alex

shogunsteve
    Free Member

@Juan – As I said today, in my post, which you replied to, the refund was actioned today. Also I succeeded in achieving what I wanted, which was some immediate action from CRC, whether ANDY got involved or not I dont know nor care, as far as I’m concerned RESULT!

Furthermore, fyi, extract from email from member of staff today:

Hello Stephen

Due to a mistake here at CRC your forks had been sent back to the supplier but your refund had been overlooked.

The error was made by myself, we have refunded you £20.00 postage costs and also included another £20.00 of CRC Gift vouchers as way of an apology for the delay and mistake.

Kind Regards

Obviously thanks to CRC and thanks for being honest and admitting the mistake without a load of management speak.

grumm
    Free Member

Perhaps the thread title should be changed to CRC being pretty good actually. 😛

shogunsteve
    Free Member

I wouldnt go that far.

Its like saying, gosh isnt it really bloody brill I’m better after chicken pox. Yay yay…thrice yay. NOT. Better not to have happened in first place of course.

As I said, thanks to them for sorting and credit for being honest, but brownie points aint gonna be issued.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

correct. Language evolves, get over it :o)

zokes
    Free Member

correct. Language evolves, get over it :o)

Correction: Septic English and business speak are NOT British English, no matter how many idiots who heard someone ‘important’ say ‘actioned’ on TV, and now use it to cover up for their own meagre grasp of the language…

grumm
    Free Member

shogunsteve think you are being slightly harsh.

Like I said, you want to try dealing with SBR sports if you think that’s bad.

shogunsteve
    Free Member

shogunsteve think you are being slightly harsh.

NO I am not. I am not getting personal with them or being “harsh”, I have simply stated facts.

They made a mistake, they admitted it, end of.

The fact you had a worse experience doesnt make what CRC did acceptable or make my complaint less relevent.

The 30 days max refund waiting time imposed by Trading Standards, is not a target!

Also, re the English language sub-discussion, “actioned” is a adjective.

Further reading can be found in chambers dictionary and also websters new millenium version.

eg:

ACTIONED
    In Webster’s New Millennium™ Dictionary of English
    Main Entry: actioned1
    Part of Speech: adj
    Definition: acted upon
    Example: If I make a service request, when will it be actioned?

Main Entry: actioned2
    Part of Speech: adj
    Definition: having a specific action, often identified in a preceding word
    Example: The firearms are fast-actioned.

Its also in my legal dictionary

zokes
    Free Member

In Webster’s New Millennium™ Dictionary of English

Which I believe (possibly incorrectly) is an American-English dictionary?

OED only has the (correct) point (2) of the Webster’s entry

TheSanityAssassin

That’ll be ‘an adjective’.

CaptJon
    Free Member

LOL @ ‘British English’

From the OED online:

action, v.

1. To institute a legal action against.

1733 FIELDING Don Quix. Wks. 1861, 999, I don’t question but to action him out on’t. 1881 Echo 1 July 2/4 To prove his innocence, he took the only course open to himactioned his enemy for libel.

2. To take action on (a request, etc.), to process; to put into effect. Used esp. in business jargon.

1962 L. DEIGHTON Ipcress File xxxii. 209 The E.M.P…promised to action it for me if I let his A.D.C. have details in writing. 1981 Daily Tel. 22 Jan. 2/7 Dismissal will be actioned when the balance of probabilities suggests that an employee has committed a criminal act or another of gross misconduct. 1985 Rescue News Summer 8/1 Concern has been expressed at the manner in which the whole operation has been put together and actioned.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

that dictionary entry example is misleading inasmuch as it describes the adjectival use of a verb

thus the service request could be:
    actioned
    ignored
    forgotten
    burned
    etc

in each case the root word is a verb. And the dispute was that ‘action’ is a verb

zokes
    Free Member

Blimey, I’m now so confused I’m not even sure if I stand corrected or vindicated. Perhaps I should just shut up….

shogunsteve
    Free Member

None of the above really matters as “actioned” is now in regular use, which is of course how the language develops. So verbs…nouns etc etc dont matter a sh** if people are using it and its in a dictionary and also in use in courts/legal language etc etc.

zokes
    Free Member

Well, given the appalling English used by the last solicitor with whom I’ve had correspondence, I dread to think how the language will deteriorate…

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

daft feckers the lot of you!

shogunsteve
    Free Member

Its not solicitors who have made the language deteriorate!!!

Shandy
    Free Member

Its the use of action/actioned by people wanting to sound professional/businesslike that gets on my tits, probably because I usually get it as part of an excuse. Maybe “actioned” in the past tense is technically correct but bringing it into the present tense or overusing it in a call centre/business context is clumsy and lazy.

That and people who tell me they are going on “Annual Leave” when really they are going on their holidays. Also often as part of an excuse.

I deal with a global business who recently introduced two new sales tactics – “raising the bar” and “winning the numbers game”. An hour later it turned out that “raising the bar” meant looking for bigger, key customers, and “winning the numbers game” meant looking for more customers overall. Brilliant.

sonic
    Free Member

yes, using “clever” language for the sake of it annoys me, and i find it generally associated with people trying to sound cleverer than they are. “actioned my refund”? why not just say “refunded me”!

Smee
    Free Member

The one time I had to get a refund from CRC, for an order that they cancelled withou telling me, I had to go through the Paypal complaints procedure before I got anywhere.

Don’t think I’ve used them since then.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Chain Reaction Cycles SLOW to refund after faulty goods supplied’ is closed to new replies.