Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Chain Reaction Cycles Order- Lost or just slow?
  • mefster
    Free Member

Ordered a camelbak and some other stuff I need for skiing from CRC on Monday. Parcel has been marked as shipped on Tuesday. Previous experience was very quick delivery (next day or so) which is why I used CRC as I knew I wouldn’t get the opportunity to get to the shops to buy the stuff before I go away tomorrow.

Package was shipped Royal Mail First Class. No sign of anything. CRC don’t answer the phone on a Saturday either.

Just wondering if CRC deliveries have slowed a little (and if their shipping dates are accurate) if if it’s Royal Mail who I should be talking to? Bit of a pain as not only will I need go and buy all the stuff today but then I’ll have the hassle of returning all the stuff to CRC when I get back (at my expense!)

Where has the best selection of Camelbak (Blowfish) in South Manchester/Cheshire btw?

teamslug
    Free Member

I ordered some bits on Tuesday at 3pm and they were delivered to work at 11am next day. Cant you track it?

covbuggy
    Free Member

My recent experience with crc is that since they started using Royal Mail the deliveries are very very slow.

mefster
    Free Member

As its Royal Mail First Class it’s not tracked. On the website it says “Order Status- Dispatched” but no reference or other details.

I’ll have to cross my fingers that Postie arrives this morning with my goodies- otherwise it’s a Saturday afternoon trolley dash!

chvck
    Free Member

Ordered some stuff recently that took a week and a half to come. Was starting to wonder if it was time for a phone call.

edit: I used whatever the free delivery is

Phil_H

You can claim “lost in post” from CRC after 7 working days.
    email shipping@chainreationcyles.com

honourablegeorge

I’ve put six order through with them in the last week or so, five showed up no problem, one (the only Private Sale one) has vanished.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

you won’t have to return it at your expense as all returns are free.

mefster
    Free Member

Problem solved: CRC are off the hook!

Our Postie arrived this morning with a Special Delivery parcel I was expecting. I told him about the other parcel I was waiting for- he mentioned there was a trolley of bigger parcels at the local sorting office which had been sitting there in a bit of a backlog. He told me to go to the sorting office with some ID and they’d be able to look and see if the parcel was in there.

I drove to Altrincham Sorting Office, queued up at the hatch and when it was my turn I explained about the parcel and how my parcel was delayed and I that our postman had suggested I come down.

The incredibly rude and unhelpful guy interrupted me, suggesting in a sarcastic manner that I wait for my postman to return from his round so he could look for my parcel as he didn’t have time! He then asked me for my address and added “I know who your postman is. I’ll be pulling him into the office when he gets back!”

It was only when he realised I wasn’t going anywhere without him looking and I began to politely explain to him (in front of the other customers) that the large ‘Customer Code of Conduct’ sign about treating staff with respect should also apply the other way that he reluctantly asked me for my address again. He disappeared into the back and hey presto was back 2 minutes later with my parcel. No apology for delay/attitude/my hassle. Unbelievable!

Now I’ve got his back up that’s probably my post sabotaged for the next 6 months. I just hope our postman doesn’t get into bother from his grumpy jobs worth manager. The way I see it our postman was aware of the backlog, my situation and offered a solution. Good on him!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Chain Reaction Cycles Order- Lost or just slow?’ is closed to new replies.