• This topic has 66 replies, 51 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by tomd.
Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Chain Reaction Cycles – Just not the same any more.
  • groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Just FWIW it WAS a bank Holiday this past Monday in Northern Ireland where CRC are based.

shedfull
    Free Member

Never order from CRC over a weekend if you want it fast – your order just gets caught up in the mass of weekend orders. But, from Tuesday onwards, most orders I place show up within 2 days. The only exception to this seems to be when they’re having a massive sale, which they are at the moment.

Their returns process is bloody brilliant, now. A sticky label in with the paperwork and a load of places (such as my local Spar shop) where you can drop the parcel, FOC, to send it back.

Kryton57

…as it was in Portsmouth where Wiggle are based.

batfink
    Free Member

for me it’s really sporadic…. some stuff arrives the next day, but some orders just get stuck in “processing” for days on end. Seems like its an IT issue of some sort.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

I’ll be a moaning bas**rd too…stuff ordered on tuesday, nothing here yet or no sign of it being dispatched…see if it’s here by Sat!

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Cant fault them. I ordered a few things today and they arrived yesterday.

zippykona

My crown race took near on a month to arrive. It did go missing in the post,in the old days i would have notified them after 2 days. Now I only start to worry after 2 weeks. Can anyone explain why a company has gone from “how do they do it so quick?” to “when will it ever turn up?”.
    I would have thought the person in charge would have got the boot a long time ago.

labsey
    Free Member

Always order next day from CRC (I’m impatient). Had one delivery take two days and that was down to Royal Mail. Winner in my book.

martinxyz
    Free Member

and their returns system is now officially awesome

Yes,sounds fantastic. Only the main post office in the city ::::cough:: of Inverness have never heard of Collect+ or whatever it’s called.

Total of 30 odd minutes wasted driving into town,£1 parking,fuel… ::sigh::

O.K. I was going to town,I mean city, anyways so its not really a big deal at all. It would be nice if crc could have a moan at the right people so that a mass email could be spread around the country to inform the post offices of this new fangled idea. Not blaming crc at all, I got my goods the other day in around 3 days.

trevsy123
    Free Member

Same here… Ordered last Friday during “the big sale” a few bargain buys still not received anything but got an email to say they were back logged with orders and were hoping to be back to normal soon. But then I ordered something else yesterday and received today?? Weird.

matty456
    Free Member

Waiting for new stem to arrive today, if it doesn’t i’ll be fashioning one out of a block of wood in the workshop!

grum
    Free Member

Hmm just had emails through saying they’ve cancelled half the stuff I ordered in the sale.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

martixyz – Collect Plus is nothing to do with Post Offices so informing them isn’t going to help. The returns label from CRC has all the details – the Collect+ outlets are listed on the site, pop in your postcode to find your closest one. http://www.collectplus.co.uk/

Dancake
    Free Member

I bought an X-fusion Shock in their sale. 64 quid and it arrived the next day.

The shock was an older model to the one pictured and I received a £20 voucher when I complained. With the 20 quid I bought some spokes and sealant. When the order still showed processing on the second day, I emailed and they sorted it out too. *Don’t just wait and wait – keep an eye on your order and email if the stuff hasnt been sent the next day.

CRC have always been great in my experience. I just wish I had 1250 quid to buy one of their half-price bikes

edit. Collect plus has been a revelation to me for sending stuff. I have 3 locations all 5 minutes away!

franksinatra

There seems to be two camps here, those who think it is fair game to complain and those who don’t.

For the second group, I offer the following:

Dont assume everybody has a LBS> My nearest shop of any use is more than 30mins away and I’m not going to pop over there to buy a small item
    A mail order company only needs to do two things, offer value and post your order quickly. If they spend a week processing an order, then they have failed. Plenty of competition around.

My order has still not been processed after being place 9am on Monday morning.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

but what’s happened to the wiggle site? – it’s gone stupidly slow these days. Almost unusable.

matty456
    Free Member

Got my order today. 4 working days to get here! Atlhough most of the time it’s alot quicker. Will still use them.

patriotpro
    Free Member

franksinatra – Member
    Whining like a bitch? That seems a little strong.

Forgot about bank holiday though so will give them credit for that.
    Should still be processed by now though

Totally agree with this and your OP.

Ignore the “LBS this and that brigade” – they’re just saying what they think is cool on here…

shortcut

Delivery has gone right downhill. 10 years ago you could call them from darkest scotland, order a chainring and the postie would turn up with it before noon the next day.

Now it is far more random and I wouldn’t risk it from a holiday cottage 3 days before departure!

DaveyJohnston
    Free Member

On the last 2 occasions that I have ordered with next day delivery they have taken over 4 days, but they have on both occasions refunded the postage. 8 times out of 10 no probs with them but sometimes some delays.

grum
    Free Member

Ordered a spare part for my Gravity Dropper yesterday – it came today. Still no sign of my stuff from the sale though (half of which was cancelled).

iain1775
    Free Member

Ordered stuff in their price drop sale on Friday, dispatched Tuesday (next working day). Arrived Wednesday
    No complaints here, nearly £300 of clothing for £130
    Plus they are being great with sorting some issues with a frame set I bought recently, not their problem a certain bike manufacturer had packed the box with the wrong bottom bracket and fork decals
    Crc didn’t have replacement BB in stock so they told me to order one from wiggle and refunded me the money, same with fork decals they have sent two more sets out, unfortunately both still wrong (only because I’m being fussy and insisting on the ones colour matched to the frame) so are now speaking with the bike manufacturer to sort but suggested it may be quicker for me to source them from slik graphics and again they will refund me
    Feel almost guilty, it’s not their fault after all
    My faith in crc well and truly restored, the German sites may be cheaper but when little niggles like this occur they are not as helpful

onewheelgood

I ordered a jersey from Merlin yesterday at about 12:30 – it was delivered this morning. Less than 24 hours is pretty impressive. I remember when that used to happen with CRC, but now it is usually a few days. Not bad, but…

somafunk

Not read through the thread so i’m sure someone else will have mentioned the bank holiday weekend and massive sale they have on at the moment which is bound to put them under pressure – i wonder how many items are leaving the warehouse everyday?……must be in the thousands or tens of thousands. I used them today for my new Hummer build, everything apart from wheels and fork which went to jra and tftuned. Came to just under £1250 with a saving of £593. They can take as long as they want at those prices….obviously in true stw fashion i’ll be upset if i don’t get a delivery on monday but i’ll wait till tuesday till i start throwing a strop 😀

patriotpro
    Free Member

“Big sale”, “Bank Holiday”, anything else, “Blah blah”… 🙄

Their problem not the customers…

franksinatra

For the sake of closure, order arrived today. That is 1 week and 1 day from order.

And no Haribo tucked away in the box either……. 🙁

tomd
    Free Member

I don’t care whether they had a sale on or whatever. I needed run of the mill (non sale) stuff quickly. They were happy to take my money for next day delivery and actually take four days. If they new this would be the case why not advise me so I had the choice?

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Chain Reaction Cycles – Just not the same any more.’ is closed to new replies.