Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)
  • CHAIN REACTION CYCLES DELIVERY ISSUES
  • jlln
    Free Member

Anyone else on here been having major problems with crc online store deliveries?
    In the past two months and I’ve placed 3 orders and on only one occasion has the order been fulfilled as expected.
    I have 1) received other people’s orders along with my own. 2) Not received my order and when I complained, not received the “replacement” for the original order.
    I now need to make a Warranty Claim for an item purchased previously but am seriously considering not bothering because I believe it might get “lost” if I send it back to them.
    Anyone else with similar experiences?
    I personally will not be using “the world’s biggest online cycling store” ever again – too unreliable.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Mine have all been fine. Delivery is slow unless you pay for priority dispatch.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Was told dispatch on Monday.

Still not dispatched .

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kayak23

I ordered some goggles Saturday night, reduced price and free delivery.

Just got an email to say the local delivery office will deliver them today.

Scoundrels…

😉 Sorry. I know they’re not quite what they used to be though.

teethgrinder

Ordered yesterday 0830, still not been despatched.

scotroutes

Working ok for me. I opt for free delivery and it always arrives as scheduled – if not earlier.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

I’m sat waiting and just read the small print, totally missed that Wiggle now own them

crazy-legs

I bought a set of wheels off them a few weeks ago. Arrived fine within the time stated but the wheels were missing a pack containing brake pads, QRs and spare spokes (to be fair I didn’t even realise it was supposed to come with all that until I was actually building the bike up a few days later).

Emailed them and they said they’d investigate, not heard anything back so this thread has just reminded me to chase them.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I ordered some small things, and a bike on Monday. Just had a quick phone call with them and they said the small things are dispatched and the bike will be 3-5 days after order as usual.

lucky7500

Only part of my last order ever turned up. As above, handy reminder that I need to chase.

smiththemainman – Member
    I’m sat waiting and just read the small print, totally missed that Wiggle now own them

I think it goes further than that. I believe that, apart from the website, CRC doesn’t really exist anymore. Orders made through CRC are fulfilled by and dispatched from the Wiggle warehouse.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Well I’ve just prodded them to see if it’s an item in the order causing issues ….

My bike needs a seat post I’m going to break the ultra light ritchey wcs carbon if I keep using it on that bike.

rocketman
    Free Member

Orders made through CRC are fulfilled by and dispatched from the Wiggle warehouse.

My most recent orders have all had Wiggle’s Bilston emporium as the return address

thegnarlycenturion
    Free Member

Had some issues,

It’s because they are in the process of moving warehouses. They’re very apologetic if you give them a call..

oldeh
    Free Member

yup.
    ordered a chainring, sent me the wrong one, say they’ll exchange it for the correct one , turns out its out of stock even though it says its in on the website, ask them to send a different one, 2 days later they say that one is out of stock. fine, one more chance, order another chainring. send the the wrong one again. . . . fuuuuu-. now I have to get a refund.
    not going to be using crc or wiggle for a while til they sort out their shit.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

From my Live Chat earlier today:

I do apologise that there has been a delay. There was a system issue with the original order that we have been unable to send these on. We would have been in touch as soon as we got to the issue

sparkyspice
    Free Member

Slow delivery unless you pay extra.
    Wiggle ‘free delivery’ is much quicker and if the product is the same price, it’s enough to persuade me to shop there instead.
    Whilst I understand express delivery, I’m not sure why CRC drag their feet with their free delivery as much as they do. Just stick it in the box and chuck it out the door!

BruceWee

I tried paying for their next day delivery once. It wasn’t even close. I started a thread on here about it and didn’t find anyone who had made a successful next day delivery order.

I concluded it’s just trick to persuade you not to visit the LBS.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Waiting for a deliver here for an item ordered last wk.

I think I’ll go elsewhere in future. CRC are not what they were.

CrispyCSW

I asked for an order to be upgraded to next day deliver today (as it’s still not despatched after a week) and was told they don’t offer that service anymore. Checked the site & sure enough the best they offer now is Priority Tracked: “2-3 working days if you place your order before 1pm. The same service as Standard Tracked but fast forwarded through our warehouse.”

jlln
    Free Member

It’s interesting that lots of people have had good experiences with crc (or Wiggle as they now are). I won’t go so far as to say it is all bad but definitely this year when the ordering/delivery process sometimes goes pear-shaped I’ve been finding it quite frustrating to actually get anywhere with them.
    So in future I will just zome out when their advertisements come up (and they are everywhere in search results).
    Thanks to all respondents for their experiences…

iainc

I waited 10 days for a pair of shoes the other week. Currently waiting for a jacket, ordered yesterday am, got a dispatch email a few hrs ago – we’ll see…..

Definitely not what they used to be, though if I need something in a rush I’d not buy it online anyway.

richardthird

Got a £250 basket sat there. Think I’ll wait until their move is settled.

Marko

Just had a quick phone call with them

Enjoy it while you can. I sacked Wiggle off when I had problem and there was no phone number. I expect now that Wiggle a private equity company own CRC expect the phone line to go.

(ISTBC if Wiggle now do have a phone number)

Yak

I ordered on Saturday. It’s still ‘processing’ 😕

Simon

On Sunday evening I ordered cranks, chainring, helmet and a seatpost.
    Cranks were dispatched on Monday and arrived today (Wednesday).
    Rest of the order is yet to be dispatched 🙄

SimonR

Yep – getting fed up with them.

Just had an order of brake pads and spare chain links split across 3 deliveries and none of the dispatched when they said they would be.

andysmiff1
    Free Member

Brand X ascend cx ordered yesterday – said would be despatched yesterday – still processing……

Not used CRC in ages – can’t see me using them again in a hurry either!

A

lucky7500

SimonR – Member
    Yep – getting fed up with them.

Just had an order of brake pads and spare chain links split across 3 deliveries and none of the dispatched when they said they would be. I had the same order split across two deliveries. The chain links never turned up.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Always thought it must be so much harder to actually delay shipping an item for the longer lead time delivery than actually receive order grab item box and out the door within a day.

jamiep
    Free Member

Friday order: ‘processing’

lcj

Haven’t used them for significant purchases for a while now because of delivery issues. Placed an order on Monday as I was given a gift voucher, paid for priority service and still processing.

No more business from me after this, they seem to have got complacent on account of size

Flaperon

Also waiting for an item ordered last week. Seemed to ship fairly promptly but the Royal Mail website doesn’t accept the tracking number (doesn’t even look like a valid number), so suspect it’s not left the warehouse.

sirromj

ordered two items on 31st, both despatched next day but one in morning, other in afternoon. 2nd arrived last friday, 1st arrived today (the one i actually needed friday). looked at collect+ tracker yesterday and it only left ireland monday (yodel?)

Tracey

Ordered last Thursday, GX Eagle deal, and delivered today. Postage label says Bilston, anything I need urgent, which is rare, I try to get local. if local can price match then I get from them.

PJay
    Free Member

I’ve had no issues buying stuff and getting it delivered, however their packaging/dispatch policy seems bizarre.

I recently ordered a pair of Hope XC wheels, a few metres of gear outers and a couple of gear inners (plenty of room in the Hope box for the inners and outers); bizarrely there were sent as 3 separate tracked (and presumably charged for) packages. I’ve also recently ordered some tubeless kit which arrived in a largish box with lots of vacant space; the tubeless valves for some reason were sent separately by tracked parcel.

All of the above were in stock items. From my point of view the postage was free and I appreciate that they have more than one warehouse but it just seems odd.

trail_rat
    Free Member

well finally got a dispatched email.

its coming yodel

my current yodel delivery guy is a good guy so im sure itll turn up at somepoint.

might have it thsi time next week 😀

vongassit
    Free Member

Ordered 5:10’s on the 2nd , dispatched on the 8th. Thats pretty poor service, no wonder I prefer ebay. Generaly get excellent service from the bay of fleas. IME

thedude
    Free Member

They have always been great except for the last order, split into 3 separate deliveries to Finale Ligure. The last one has not arrived yet.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

CRC is screwed. Such a shame as it was always my go to shop….since about ‘97 when I used to order using the adverts in MBUK!

My last couple orders have taken ages and been only part fulfilled due to things being out of stock or similar.

RIP CRC as I knew it.

beefheart
    Free Member

I use my local bike shop a lot more since Chain Reaction became rubbish.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘CHAIN REACTION CYCLES DELIVERY ISSUES’ is closed to new replies.