Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Chain Reaction custom wheels
  • rocketman
    Free Member

Am looking for a specific set of wheels that aren’t HopeShimanoStansMavic

Merlin aren’t interested, neither is one lbs and the other wants ££££££££££££. CRC have the parts for a competitive price & they would seem the obvious choice

what are their custom wheel builds like?

Ta

tomd
    Free Member

I got a set a couple of years ago, they were built well enough. Their warranty backup is good too in the odd event you do have an issue (free return postage and fast turnaround).

scaredypants

yeh, they’re OK IME although it’s been a few years

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    raisinhat
    Free Member

I got a hope + flow EX set from them, though I’m not sure if it was built by them or by hope. The rear lost a lot of tension after a couple of rides, and CRC took it back no questions asked and fixed it beautifully, and returned it quickly as well. So they stand behind what they sell in any case.

rocketman
    Free Member

OK cool thanks folks

jimjam
    Free Member

raisinhat – Member

I got a hope + flow EX set from them, though I’m not sure if it was built by them or by hope

They are from Hope, unless it’s a custom option.

amedias
    Free Member

I normally build my own wheels, but have on occasion bought full wheels brand new. I’ve had sum total of one from CRC , a rear Pro 2 on Mavic so nothing unusual, it lasted about 30 miles before I had to rebuild it 🙁

So based on my limited sample of 1 I wouldn’t buy from them again*. Obviously I could have been unlucky, and one wheel isn’t much of a sample.

* I probably would actually if the price was right, but I’d bank on having to rebuild them if needed.

Gilles

Got 2 set from them, and no issues at all (Hope + Mavic 819 and Hope + Arch Ex). Fast delivery as well. Not sure how they do that but the CRC sticker on the rim never get covered with mud.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Better than Merlin IME.

granny_ring

OP have you looked at Super Star wheels?

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

I bought a wheel about 6 years ago and it arrived missing a spoke. This was using the custom wheel option. To be fair they did sort it extremely quickly.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

OP have you tried emailing some of the customer wheel builders around the uk? you never know not touting for work or anything 😆

v666ern
    Free Member

Slam69 in gloucester will build you a set

http://www.slam69.co.uk/wheel-building-14-w.asp

hofnar
    Free Member

tarty bikes made me a nice set of fatbike wheels on weird sized hubs almost two years ago. Had to ride the front wheel without a tire at 40+ to break it. You can supply own parts as I did with the hubs.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Chain Reaction custom wheels’ is closed to new replies.