Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • CHAIN REACTION CAN &(&*(%($ OFF
  • alexxx
    Free Member

A few days ago I tried to purchase an item off crc… my money was taken via paypal but it gave me an error – 3 days later support returned my confused email saying I will be refunded – got the refund but the item was now more expensive so not worth buying off them any more.

A couple of days ago I tried to place an order for a helmet off them with paypal – it wouldnt process – later that evening it did

Yesterday I placed an order for some bits and bobs like chain lube ect..

Today I get an email saying big delays and no guarentee’s so I fire off an email to support mentioning that I’d like a better idea of ETA as I’m moving to France in 2 weeks…

Get no email response but a refund for my helmet and no refund for my bits n bobs… what is the crack?!

Useless automated, over powered, crap customer service.

/rant

wwaswas

Poor old CRC paying to run a forum that allows them to get far more grief than all the other online retailers…

coffeeking
    Free Member

Moral of the story is to order everything you need at once instead of in dribs and drabs so they can only cock up one order? 😀

grum
    Free Member

Poor old CRC paying to run a forum that allows them to get far more grief than all the other online retailers…

They seriously need to sort their act out ASAP though – they will be losing a lot of business soon if not already. I won’t be using them again until I’ve heard they have got a lot better. Loads of people’s orders are taking several days to get processed and dispatched – that wouldn’t be too bad except for it’s a serious decline from previous performance, AND they still claim same day despatch on their site.

And then there’s the whole credit card fraud thing too……..

cynic-al
    Free Member

The more I see CRC pissing off forum whiners the more I like them 😛

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

superstars, order stem midnight, dispatched by lunch 😉

duckman

Ordered some candy pedals on Mon, got Wed, pish poor service, nobody came and fitted them for me. 😆

grum
    Free Member

The more I see CRC pissing off forum whiners the more I like them

Says STW’s most tedious troll.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks for making me smile 😛

rocketman
    Free Member

Personally I think Chain Reaction are the dog’s. Ordered a lid on Tuesday during the 30 minutes it was reduced to £15 yes fifteen quid and got the despatch notification today.

Not sure whether the price change was a fluke or intentional to drum up a bit of business but hey I don’t really care.

alexxx
    Free Member

Don’t worry Grum, I’ve got this one
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b4bGAoVR7g[/video]

alexxx
    Free Member

Rocketman thats what I did thats why its even more annoying.

rocketman
    Free Member

I guess that mad half hour had the desired effect and earned them a lot of business

khani
    Free Member

I ordered a shock that was showing for peanuts on Monday, price went up £100 the next day, shock turned up on Wednesday for the peanut price
    It’s an outrage….. 😀

Igmc…….

Trimix
    Free Member

I like them, always had a great service. They even sent me a £40 voucher the other day when they couldnt get an order right.

grum
    Free Member

I ordered a shock that was showing for peanuts on Monday, price went up £100 the next day, shock turned up on Wednesday for the peanut price
    It’s an outrage…..

Wow making that joke just never gets old does it. 😛

I’ve used them loads in the past and they’ve always been great – but the last couple of times they’ve been useless.

alexxx
    Free Member

I feel quite well deserved in my rantings, I’ve run a successful stint of an online shop before and always put the customers first – In my support of clients now its still the same.. no grey areas, no guess work – just factual, honest and helpful.

Think they are missing the point.

legend
    Free Member

[Quote]They seriously need to sort their act out ASAP though – they will be losing a lot of business soon if not already.[/quote]

Really? With the amount of free advertising they’ve been getting recently? No publicity is bad publicity….. unless your name’s John Leslie

neninja
    Free Member

I ordered what was probably the same £15 helmet in Monday and nada – no contact from CRC, no reply to an enquiry, still processing.

How can an order for the same item placed on Tuesday be shipped before the Monday order? It seems to be totally random the way they are operating at the moment.

llama

alexxx I know they are an online retailer and all that, and I understand they messed things up a bit. So you’ve got all reson to moan.

However I reckon you would have got better replies and communication if you had phoned them rather than firing off emails.

5lab

that’s odd, my £15 F14 lid was dispatched yesterday. Haven’t been home yet to see if it’s on my doorstep or not..

alexxx
    Free Member

I’d rather have it in writing Llama, I work in support – it’s always best in writing.

grum
    Free Member

However I reckon you would have got better replies and communication if you had phoned them rather than firing off emails.

Pretty hard to get through on the phone to CRC at the mo. I prefer to have everything in writing too.

Cougar

And then there’s the whole credit card fraud thing too……..

What came of that in the end, does anyone know? Last I heard everyone at CRC was mystified.

alexxx
    Free Member

Same situation Cougar.

spooky_b329

They are great until something goes wrong. 14 days to get a reply that actually answers a simple question re. a warranty return. Thats just crap customer service.

alexxx
    Free Member

Just got a fobbed off email saying “stock problem.” That’s not very kind is it. Hard to believe with a automated system as advanced as theirs.

alexxx
    Free Member

EVEN BETTER! now my bits n bob order is showing the chains out of stock when it wasn’t when I ordered it… and they are fobbing me off with stupid responses.. useless company when I actually needed good service that I’d relied on in the past they messed up over 5x

neninja
    Free Member

After 5 days of no communication, CRC have refunded my Paypal payment and cancelled my order stating that they will not be able to supply my helmet as it’s discontinued even though it was in stock when I ordered.

The really galling thing is that I know people who ordered the same size helmet the day after me who have received their orders.

CRC are rapidly becoming a total shambles and I’ll no longer use them or recommend them.

roper
    Free Member

CRC have refunded my Paypal payment

You might want to check that refund. It took them 3 attempts to refund me the correct amount the last time I used them.

AlasdairMc

My helmet shipped today, so should have it tomorrow or Tuesday. Clearly a bunch of villainous villains.

I presume everyone else was after that THE one?

legend
    Free Member

yup my order arrived today too, the bare-faced cheek of it! 😡

cointact
    Free Member

It goes a bit further than CRC… their system which also operates many, many other online stores is run by the same tech company who are notorious at using ‘elevated google tactics’ check bici.co.uk

nixie

I think they really need to ditch the current company who produce the site. How can such a large buisness be run on such a budget site. 6 years ago it was good, now its a pale imitation of a good ecommerce platform. Has anyone else noticed how slow their site has become!

rob1984p
    Free Member

Nixie, I’m glad you’ve said about the site having become slow, i’d just assumed it was a long way from the servers.

legend – Member

They seriously need to sort their act out ASAP though – they will be losing a lot of business soon if not already.

Really? With the amount of free advertising they’ve been getting recently? No publicity is bad publicity….. unless your name’s John Leslie

Dunno if that’s true, I’d not buy from JE James unless in person and that’s only because of the stuff I read on here last year which for all I know may of changed….mud sticks.

nixie

I think its a by product of adding all the ajax onto the site. What I suspect is that the web developers underestimate just how much extra load that would generate.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘CHAIN REACTION CAN &(&*(%($ OFF’ is closed to new replies.