Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Chain Reaction are back….
  • TheSlider
    Free Member

Order placed thursday, arrived friday !
    There's been a fair bit of critism about chain Reaction recently so I thought I'd show my support for the BEST (and usually cheapest) bike accessory supplier around.
    Okay, I used Merlin recently and THEY were superb too !!

whytetrash

Hi Justin,
    Thanks for your email.Apologies but we under-estimated the level of interest our sale would generate and the number of orders we received meant that unfortunately the warehouse was delayed by a few days.
    Happy to inform you your order was dispatched last night (05/08/10) and should be with you shortly, if you would like you can track the order online here:

Email from them today, so no they are not back up to the high standards they've set for themselves….However shock bushes ordered yesterday from Mojo turned up this morning 😆

simonk
    Free Member

Used them for a couple of bits this week (lbs does not stock them), the order was dealt with fast and delivered, i can honestly say i have never had a problem even on the rare occasion i have had a faulty part.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Rutland hi-jack…ordered my gore oxy jacket Sat gone, not jacket no email ……

then I found the Rutland customer care rant thread…typical 🙄

Never ever had a problem with CRC or Wiggle…ever!

Fletcher
    Free Member

I've never had a problem with Chain Reaction. However my last order did take a long time to arrive!

Kuco

MY only complaint with Chain Reaction is their sale items 9/10 times seem to be some obscure size component or xxl or xs clothing 🙁

dans160
    Free Member

My last order took longer than it should but two emails and a phone call later it was all sorted and my postage refunded. The order before that was dealt with very promptly. I guess the sale has delayed things but then they should have figured that would happen and planned for it. Or, are we asking too much when paying extra for next day delivery and making the order at 7.30am ? To be fair they are usually pretty good but something has gone awry lately.

Pembo
    Free Member

Ordered shoes and allen keys on Thursday at 2pm with both items in-stock and the order is still showing "Processing".

They are definitely providing a poorer turnaround than they used to, but maybe we need to cut them some slack in the holiday period.

Order number 4176634 if anyone from CRC are passing 😉

stumpy01

Pants at the moment. Last 3 or 4 orders have been v. slow with a couple of orders delayed due to 'in stock' actually meaning 'out of stock'.

Ordered some bars and multi-tool on Wed. Thursday notice the bars aren't on the site anymore and the order is still processing. Wait until Fri morning and then send e-mail. No response…
    I checked Merlin and they have equivalent bits so if I've not heard by Monday morning i'll be cancelling and going to them instead.

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

Having a crap order from CRC.

Ordered sunday, still 'processing' today. Called up and was told 'we have no record of this order' – oh really? Well the money is gone outta my paypal!

Told to re-order to speed things up (?) First (identical) order would be cancelled. That was all well and good except that I NEED these parts for Thursday so I select 24hr postage at a cost of 9.99 (grr)

And guess what – as of 8pm tonight the first order has NOT been refunded and the second order that I paid a tenner to get here before 1pm.. Has not even been dispatched .

cheers guys 👿

jamesb
    Free Member

Yep totally agree CRC standards going downhill, none of my last 4 orders came within the T&C times (ie order before 2pm, next day delivery 1st class Mail) ; similar thread btw on Bike Radar, same line of comments / complaints.
    Currently awaiting both a CRC and Merlin order, will see who sticks to their agreed delivery times tomorrow!

ordering in the uk they seem ok, but ordering from overseas is a nightmare and they werent helpful at all, merlin were far better

BluePalomino
    Free Member

Still waiting for a frame i ordered last monday morning. Forks ordered same time arrived on wednesday tho. And theyve not replied to my email query. I wonder if they were out of stock on the frame but processed the order anyway. Anyone know if CRC do this sometimes?

mralexbenn
    Free Member

Hi Jack but ordered a pair of HopePro 2 Stans ZTR Flow from Winstanleys about 3 months ago and had six 6 emails from them a day or two before the estimated in stock date saying it will be delayed by another 2 weeks. Said I was going to cancel my order then 2 days later the front wheel turned up so it became a part order which I can not cancel and now a fresh email saying the rear wheel will be another two weeks. Great ay? Nearly 4 months for 1 wheel.

Anyone else had these kind of problems?

YetiFoz
    Free Member

Similar to Nixon_fiend here!

Ordered on Sunday and still processing, wondering whether or not I'll get the bits before the weekend!

However ordered some other bits from Wiggle at the same time and they came today.

brokensoul
    Free Member

I put a CRC order in, early Monday morning. It was still processing Tuesday morning, so I rang them up. "We've got no record of that order number. I'll ring you back." 30 minutes later, "Because it's been such a busy period, we've not been able to process any of yesterday's orders."

Marvellous. It won't happen again!!

Northwind

It's annoying that they don't hit their promises but in my experience the delivery time on free delivery is still pretty reasonable. I wouldn't pay for their fast postage services as they don't seem to really give you what you paid for but the free service is usually ok.

BMC09
    Free Member

order placed sunday, still being processed…. they're getting hit and miss again, 2 of the last 4 orders of mine are/have taken longer than expected.. not good. hoping they are here before friday.. but looking dim…

nickjb
    Free Member

My last order took two weeks and only half of it turned up. No explanation or apology, just an automated refund for this missing bit (listed as in stock). They used to be my first choice, but not now.

el_creedo
    Free Member

I ordered on Monday – an in stock item at about 3pm.
    Confirmation page said order will be shipped same day.
    Checked status of order that night on line – "processing" and,what's this…"out of stock item"!!
    So, emailed immediately. No response the next day – had to call them, got told they had been posted that morning.
    Confirmation email last night saying they were posted at midnight last night?! so won't be getting them today then!
    That's why i almost always use my LBS, even if it costs a few quid more – just a shame they couldn't get these shoes in.
    Should've paid £5 more and bought from Merlin!

cupra
    Free Member

Three orders placed in the last week, none have arrived yet. Not as good as they used to be but will still use them.

nsaints
    Free Member

Just phoned to enquire about my late order – recorded message saying the phone lines are closed – open tomorrow 🙄

psychle
    Free Member

fork ordered Thursday last week, arrived today via Parcelforce 48hr…

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

nixon_fiend – Member
    Having a crap order from CRC.

Ordered sunday, still 'processing' today. Called up and was told 'we have no record of this order' – oh really? Well the money is gone outta my paypal!

Told to re-order to speed things up (?) First (identical) order would be cancelled. That was all well and good except that I NEED these parts for Thursday so I select 24hr postage at a cost of 9.99 (grr)

And guess what – as of 8pm tonight the first order has NOT been refunded and the second order that I paid a tenner to get here before 1pm.. Has not even been dispatched .

cheers guys

So I pay a 9.99 to get SUPER QUCIK last minute postage before 1pm today.. and guess what – still processing FFS!

SSUK is gonna be fun without rotors or brake cables

Oh and the phone lines are shut – so I can't evern cancel, and I've been billed twice, with no refund.

not 'kin happy

SkillWill
    Free Member

Ordered some lights yesterday (in stock). Haven't arrived with post today, just checked order status and it is 'Processing'. Third time this month things haven't been with me next day.

I always used to use CRC not for the prices, which are good, but because I could guarantee that things would be with next day. I'd rather have predictability than cheapest. Looks like that's gone.

robbo1234biking

My brakes that I ordered on Friday have just turned up today so not brilliant but better than some peoples experiences

BMC09
    Free Member

order placed sunday, still being processed…. they're getting hit and miss again, 2 of the last 4 orders of mine are/have taken longer than expected.. not good. hoping they are here before friday.. but looking dim…

confirmation email through this morn saying they have been shipped… will be super surprised if arrives here tomorrow, as have ordered bars…. fingers crossed tho… need these parts to ride the new bike on friday….. 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

MY only complaint with Chain Reaction is their sale items 9/10 times seem to be some obscure size component or xxl or xs clothin

That's the whole point of a clearance sale..!

nobtwidler
    Free Member

Just for balance – Ordered Headset yesterday arrived in the post this morning!

nsaints
    Free Member

don't suppose my late/missing wheel was in the packet was it?.. 😆

BluePalomino
    Free Member

All is forgiven 🙂 frame turned up today. 8-9 working days, i can live with it.

hooja
    Free Member

CRC SUCK!!!
    never had a good experience with them, placed an order two weeks ago, they happily took my money straight away, 7 days after still not recieving it i called them, they told me that it was out of stock and would be in in a month or so. I asked why i had not been told this before, they claimed that it was on the item list, was it ****, it is now though. How can a company take your money and then not bother to inform you about lack of stock or delay in delivery. NEVER agian will i use them..grrrr

taka
    Free Member

my mate left a headset in his basket last week from rutland cycling they rung him up a few days ago if he is ready to pay for it seems there happy to take your money 😕

taka
    Free Member

ive never really had any problems with crc ordered a cassette the other day arrived today

a11y

Never once had a problem with CRC (used them waaaay too much) until an order my wife placed last Monday: wrong items sent and we're still awaiting it to be corrected. Sent photographic proof of what was sent incorrectly but no response and I think that's it byond their 12-working-hour timescale for a reply. Getting concerned now as I'm desperately needing the chainset for this weekend. Needed it last weekend too but nevermind…

I guessed it was due to the sale but glad to head I'm not alone.

ART

CRC have patches but they are consistently cheaper and faster than most. Did someone up there ^^^^^^^^^^mention Winstanleys ha ha ha ha ha. Once was enough never, ever, ever again.

drain

Ordered late Monday, processed very early yesterday morning, arrived this morning, all good.

jamesb
    Free Member

Hurrah hurrah for CRC!!! First order of last five from CRC to arrive next day, same time as a Merlin order which helped as one was a carbon seatpost , t`other torque wrench to tighten bolts on said post…..

gnusmas

Must agree, ordered 3 different lots for my wifes bike (would have had em all together but kept remembering things i needed and came across some probs while buiding it). 1 turned up next day with free delivery, the other didnt turn up after paying for next day, phoned them and they refunded order, re-did order and paid for saturday delivery themselves and the other turned up by parcel force on monday (parcel force's fault it was late)

now just got to sort out a couple of returns – one being a wrongly stamped disc adaptor, wanted a 180mm and thats what turned up but it is exactly the same as the 160mm one i already got??? Had to buy one locally in the end 🙁 twice the price

Can't fault CRC at all, customer service absolutely brilliant

Tim
    Free Member

Chain Reaction have always been great, unless you ask for special delivery – i think that breaks their system at their end – i've had two out of two special deliveries not turn up, but standard free delivery is ususally just as quick and eminently reliable!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Chain Reaction are back….’ is closed to new replies.