Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Chain Lubes
  • beano68
    Free Member

Been using Squirt for awhile now but recently I’ve found it to be really claggy once applied ?!
    I’ve been applying it as instructed be now seems to make a right mess of the jockey wheels and chainring ?etc

Also got some Fenwicks stealth which I’ve never used so whats that like ? so shall I just use this instead for now ?

Ta

Northwind

I found squirt usually good but every so often it’d find some mud it couldn’t deal with and suddenly go to crap. Put me right off.

Putoline motorbike wax is the best imo, it’s a lot of faff but genuinely haven’t found anything else close.

thered

Beano read my mind. I’ve tried Frnwick gold for mtb and silver for road and they both leave heavy deposits on chainring and jockeys. Obv Fenwicks dry is not robust enough unless it’s dry as a bone.

What sits in between the 2 forumista’s?

beano68
    Free Member

Used Squirt until yesterday and now completely degunged and cleaned the whole drive chain and used Viking juice in the past and the only one I haven’t used yet in my armoury was the Fenwicks Gold.

I’ll have to give the Fenwicks a go and see how it goes over the next few days in these conditions as its hoying it down up here at the mo.

nickc

I’ve used Fenwicks Dry while not great is really wet conditions will stand up nicely to normal day to day stuff.

I’m about to give Viking Juice a go. It’s a wet on Wax that dries out once applied.

we’ll see

schmiken

I love Chain L personally, really great stuff.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Chain Lubes’ is closed to new replies.