Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Chain jumping off over rough stuff
  • greasystain
    Free Member

I’ve noticed recently that my chain keeps jumping on the front three rings when going over the rough stuff. I’ve taken a pair of links out of the chain since I’ve noticed it and it’s still jumping. Is this just part of riding a single pivot bike (2010 Orange 5) or is there something I can do to stop it… like maybe running a double and a bash?

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

when i do a downhill in the middle ring it jumps to smallest cog also :/ so i just leave it in smallest now lol

trumplesneaker
    Free Member

A double and bash with a chain guide like the Blackspire Stinger would solve the issue. I have this setup on my Alpine and it works perfectly, never miss the big ring either

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Maybe try and increase the tension on the B-tension screw a little.

andy7t2
    Free Member

i’ve read that putting the bike in the big ring on the down hills section is better first less chance of the chain jumping off as there’s more tension and also the teeth on your big ring are cover by the chain and hopefully stopping it from biting you if you come off

greasystain
    Free Member

I think that may well be the way forward tumplesneaker.

greasystain
    Free Member

Yeah, I tried the big ring thing and the small ring thing didn’t work for me. I’m going to try the tensioning screw next I think.

duir
    Free Member

I use a slightly larger than needed E-13 bash and that keeps the chain very on without the need for a chain device.

Burts
    Free Member

trumplesneaker +2.

Both myself (Heckler) and my friend (Orange 5) use the double/bash/Stinger combo, never dropped a chain since.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Chain jumping off over rough stuff’ is closed to new replies.