Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • chain guides
  • giant29er
    Free Member

Hi all

Need to fit a chain guide but have no ISCG lugs on my frame. I have a standard cup sealed BB. Cant seem to see how they fit as between my SRAM crank and the B/B there is nothing to secure it. was looking at a cheap one like the Superstar £16.99. I am riding 1 x 10 with a 42T on the rear. Rode yesterday for the first time without a front mech on. Chain came off 3 times when getting speed up on rough ground. I suppose i could put the front mech back on. Any ideas, info, advice.

Stevelol
    Free Member

You unscrew the threaded BB cup and sandwich it between the inner side of the cup and the BB shell.

I run an MP3 AMG and like it, it hasn’t moved after a few rock strikes.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

if it’s a External BB with a spacer behind it then you get a back plate that sits behind the BB.
    There are also top mount guides that mount the same way as front mechs.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Mackem

Have you got a Narrow/Wide chainring? And a clutch mech?

weeksy

The Superstar one is cheap because it’s bloody useless.

kayak23

I used a Superstar Plasma guide on my hardtail for ages, and before that on my Giant Reign, using the bottom bracket mount.
    No problems at all, never dropped a chain.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

narrow/wide chainring, clutch mech & if you’re still having problems a clamp on top guide.
    We’ve got loads of people racing GE with that set up & not having any problems.

giant29er
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses. I have a SRAM X9 rear mech with clutch and I am just using the middle ring of the original triple ring SRAM S1000 22/33/44 crank

Mackem

Get a narrow-wide chain-ring. Havent dropped a chain in a year.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘chain guides’ is closed to new replies.