Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Chain guides
  • MarkiMark
    Free Member

Just changed from 3×9 to 1×9 on my slow way to a full 1×10 setup. Got a Middleburn Uno x-type crankset up front. All good. But, bought an e-thirteen XCX simple bb mounted chain guide and it won’t fit. Even with the bb fixture as far outboard as possible, right up against the bb shell, the guide will not go far enough to centre on the chain line. Only a small gap but enought rub.
    Has anybody used, or knows where I can get, a Paul Components chain keeper?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

OK not quite clear about your description other than the chain rubs on the guide where it comes out the front and over the chainring.

I have an E13 hive and have found that the chainring/chain alighnment just right if you assemble the BB as follows, from left to right:

BB shell–spacer(s)–guide–BB cup(nip up tight) <– insert axle/crankset

The number of spacers adjusts the chainline with respect to the cassette, so that when you are in the largest and smallest rings, the chain does not rub upon entering the back of the guide.

They are bloody fiddly things BTW.

MarkiMark
    Free Member

Thanks Buzz, your description is exactly how I have mine set up, and still the guide is about 2 mm too near the frame. I think it’s probably a ‘feature’ of the Middleburn Uno setup. Basically the e thirteen is not compatible with this crank/chainset.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Chain guides’ is closed to new replies.