Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • CHAIN GUIDE HELP
  • Yorkshire_Lad
    Free Member

Can have a little advice and help from the smart mtb world.

Basically I run a double chainring on patriot. As I'm beginning to ride rough stuff faster my chain is coming off a lot, it's becoming annoying when I want to put the power down coming out of a corner it generally slips. Can someone suggest a good chain guide that not too expensive and can fir on a double chainring.

Thanks a lot.

awh
    Free Member

I'm thinking of getting one of these, link, once they're back in stock. Lots of positive reviews

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

ebay is cheepest, E-13 DRS or MRP LRP or blackspire do one as well – dewlie/dualie i think.

Or, DMR do just the lower roller, fit a bashguard of your choice (if its falling outwards) and a should be pretty much the same and cheeper than a full setup.

fozzybear
    Free Member

i run a blackspire stinger like above, copes with the alps so that covers anywhere here IMO.
    the duewie is good but heavy.

dgrider
    Free Member

Gamut chain guide's are good!!

coogan
    Free Member

Got an e13 DRS for sale if interested.

Burts
    Free Member

Stinger + bashguard works well for me (Heckler + double chainring)

TheDoog
    Free Member

I ride a patriot and have had several failed attempts at fitting a chain guide. There are no ISCG tabs on the patriot frame so you've either got to buy an ISCG adaptor which will fit where the bottom bracket spacer goes or buy a chain gude without any ISCG mounts on. Either way you'll be left with little or no clearance between the mounting plate and your granny ring. I couldn't get one to fit at all so just tightened the chain up which works. If anyone has managed to fit one to a patriot i'm all ears!!!

Yorkshire_Lad
    Free Member

Thanks for all the help. I was thinking a stinger maybe be a good idea. The Doog I can sense your frustration and thanks for your valuable advice.

Cheers Gents,
    Rich.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘CHAIN GUIDE HELP’ is closed to new replies.