Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Chain dropping a problem on 1x CX setups?
  • boxelder

Anyone running Shimano set up with single ring (non clutch mech)? is chain dropping a problem. Looking to use a NW ring too, which should help. Also, 40 or 42 tooth cassette possible with med cage mech?
    Ta

cyclistm
    Free Member

105 rear mech and a race face NW ring. No issues here

noahhowes
    Free Member

9 speed old XT on 10 speed 105 STIs with a Raceface ring, works fine. Came off once when I went OTB after the front wheel stopped in a foot deep mud bath, otherwise great.

steve_b77
    Free Member

105 10 speed with superstar I/O 38t and 11-32t cassette, not an issue in the best part of 2 seasons or at the 3 Peaks either

Jase
    Free Member

Daughter has 105 rear mech and superstar nw on both her cx bikes, never dropped a chain.

tang
    Free Member

I would look at getting a wolf tooth road link for big cassettes. I also got their tanpan device so I can run a clutch shimano mech.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

38 tooth wolf tooth chainring
    11-42 cassette (made up 9 speed one)
    wolf tooth roadlink
    short cage microshift normal road mech

nice tight chain, never dropped it

terrible photo…

orangeboy
    Free Member

11 speed ultegra with 11-40 cassette and 38 narrow wide chain ring.

All be fine despite Useing a mtb Chainset and a horrible chain line. Never fallen off.

But some frames may need to road link thing but my did not ( all city macho man disc )

paul4stones

I’ve got a hope 40t front ring, 11-32 at the back and 10sp tiagra STI with 9sp, med cage deore mech. Also one of those m-part chain guides to be safe but I’m not aware of it coming even close to being dropped.

boxelder

Thanks chaps. ‘Old’ bike is running 10 spd, with old 9 spd MTB mech and has dropped chain a bit recently (in spite of front mech). Put it down to a long chain I think.

terrible photo…

Clearly a very nice bike though. Ritcheys have always been on my wishlist.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Chain dropping a problem on 1x CX setups?’ is closed to new replies.