Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Chain dropping
  • funkhouser
    Free Member

Got the narrow/wide and got the clutch mech but dropping my chain for fun on techy stuff.

I have no ISCG tabs, and no spacers on my BB – any ideas?

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

remove some more links from the chain? Or look at the chain line. If you cannot space the BB, what about moving the chainring to the outside/inside of the chainring arms to get a better line?

Are you on full sus or hardtail out of interset?

chiefgrooveguru

Add a bash ring.

nickdavies

Put a guide on? Superstar and a couple of others do seat tube mounted guides.

jonnouk
    Free Member

What chainring are you using? I dropped my chain a couple times going through compressions with a Works Component ring.

chrisdw
    Free Member

How old is your chain? I find the rings are quite dependent on the chain not being overly worn.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Already got a bash, drops inside. It’s a race face narrow wide 32T. Seattube isn’t cylindrical so can’t fit one of them seat tube mounted guides.

Chain is knocking on a bit tho tbf. Maybe try a new one.

Cheers

Northwind

Make sure there’s as little chain as possible, and check the tension on the clutch mech as it is adjustable.

tarquin
    Free Member

This is based on a road bike, however Rotor do a chain catcher which mounts to the front derailleur mount then you bolt the FD on, can’t see why it wouldn’t work on a MTB.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Chain dropping’ is closed to new replies.