• This topic has 16 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by mokl.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Chain device
  • leythervegas
    Free Member

Currently converting to 1×9 setup and I’m looking for a chain device that’ works well without costing a fortune. Can’t believe the prices of some of the e13s etc. any one got a cheaper option that They can recommend? Quite like the look of the superstar Laser.

leythervegas
    Free Member

Actually I don’t like the laser. Going 1×9 is partly about it looking neater but that makes it as cluttered as 3×9.

faz083
    Free Member

superstar XCR? Simple and neat, cheap too.

leythervegas
    Free Member

I’ve had one of these in te past and it was ok but the bolts are really small and kept coming loose. Suppose I’m asking too much to get something cheap and reliable!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

blackspire, MRP plenty others out there. e-13 works well though

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Never had any problems with my superstar XCR coming apart :/ bolts seemed a normal size too… not sure what you’re expecting.
    Got the XCR on my cotic soul and on my enduro race bike i’ve got a straitline silent, but think thats out of your price range?

leythervegas
    Free Member

its just the size of the grub screw that worries me on the xcr. its tiny. does it keep secure on an off road ride?

jam-bo

E13 XCX, took ten minutes to fit a year ago, haven’t had to touch it since.

Superstar I had before that was shit. Lasted about ten minutes off road.

spectabilis
    Free Member

The straightline silent guide has been fit n forget for me looks tidy too..

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Grub screw? I use the BB version so can’t comment much further on that.
    Silent guide – chain has come off and stuck only once, during gravity enduro seeding stage at dyfi…

carlphillips
    Free Member

silent guide on my DH: faultless in uk, but absolute dog shat in alps, jammed on pretty much every run. very disappointed.

just bought a poooperstar plasma for my trail bike, will give it a whirl looks ok and good quality back plate.

weebob
    Free Member

Superstar BB mounted one worked well for me in my 1×9 setup.

twohats
    Free Member

Silent guide here for the last year and a half, no issues whatsoever, be it Alps, Dales, XC, DH, rooty Swedish single track…

PJM1974
    Free Member

For less than twenty five rubs you can’t go wrong with a Blackspire Stinger.

jamiestogden
    Free Member

Can you use a Blackspire Stinger with a single chainring? They look great and I’ve thought of trying one but they usually say made for a double set up.

MussEd
    Free Member

Stinger won’t work properly. Your chain will come off. Mines did. You need something with a top guide.

mokl
    Free Member

I have just built up a bike with 1×9 (first time trying this gear config.) using the e-13 XCX. It works an absolute charm so far.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Chain device’ is closed to new replies.