Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)
  • Ch4 now ..Skint
  • singlecrack
    Free Member

Holy shit …….that’s our future right there ….

Liftman

Doesn’t bode well

Swelper
    Free Member

Different world………..scary

MoreCashThanDash

Watched it last night with my mouth open 😯

MrsMCTD works in child protection – my reaction to such programmes makes her giggle at me…. 😕

Tom-B
    Free Member

Point and laugh isn’t it. Tell me how any of these kids growing up in this environment are expected to grow up as responsible adults?

teethgrinder

That old bird is 36! I thought she was nearer 50. Best advert for keeping off MASSIVE drugs evah.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Oh dear, were ****

ska-49
    Free Member

My girlfriend decided to do youth work and now manages an area. Very proud of her. Selfless job.

user-removed
    Free Member

Not sure if I misheard, but it sounded like that couple with five kids were claiming £1600 per month child benefit, over and beyond housing benefit, JSA… I don’t mind admitting my jaw was literally wide open.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Let’s blame all these people for the recession.

ska-49
    Free Member

Search google for ‘meth before and after’. Really scary stuff!

wolly
    Free Member

£4 left, massive tv and an x box

wrightyson
    Free Member

Bet they paid full price at currys for both of them 😉

chojin
    Free Member

Feeding chocolate to the dog – Clever.

grum
    Free Member

Not seen it – does it involve pointing at scummers and laughing/frothing about how awful they are?

chojin
    Free Member

grum – Member

Not seen it – does it involve pointing at scummers and laughing/frothing about how awful they are?

Something like that!

TheBrick
    Free Member

Search google for ‘meth before and after’. Really scary stuff!

Even worse, google image search krokodil and add a limb. E.g krokodil leg

jon1973
    Free Member

Even worse, google image search krokodil and add a limb. E.g krokodil leg

Horrible. That’s an image that’s going to stay with me for some time.

cinnamon_girl

No doubt this will descend into the usual nastiness without an ounce of compassion. 😐

mudshark
    Free Member

It’s all pretty sad, we need to give these people the opportunity to contribute to society…. Need to start when they’re kids though.

phunkmaster
    Free Member

Tory propaganda. If it isn’t, it might as well be.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Ken, Made In Chelsea makes me bloody sick.

“Skint” my arse, entitled spongers! booo.’

Edit: Wrong end of what poor stick?

JCL
    Free Member

Not worth the air they breathe IMO.

Philby

This is the result of previous governments’ (note the plural) lack of support to heavy industries such as steel, shipbuilding and mining in the UK, and little or no investment in industries to replace the lost jobs.

As the Channel 4 website states: “At its height Scunthorpe’s steelworks employed 27,000 people. It now employs a sixth of that number.”

I wonder whether the same programme could have been made if the steel works still employed 20+ thousand people???

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Lets point and laugh at all the sponging “scum”.

I can relate to that mindset, but usually when watching BBC Parliament.

teethgrinder

There was nowt funny. Except the way that they all spoke as if their sinuses were blocked.

mudshark – Member
    It’s all pretty sad, we need to give these people the opportunity to contribute to society…. Need to start when they’re kids though.

Most of then were still kids though

sideshowdave
    Free Member

I grew up on that estate , it’s not half as bad as that program makes it out to be. There are a lot of good people who live in that area.
    Think evey town, every city will have it’s underclass which if film for 7 months a tv crew could pick out 3 hours of shock tv filler.
    It’s a modern day freak show, rich people showing middle class people that its all poor people’s fault.

bruders338
    Free Member

Is this not the parents fault? reason i say this is because if i heard or saw my children acting like that i would soon be issuing a stern clip around the ear…

And also the government! because you cant blame people really as the government have no incentive for young people to work…. basically as it was said in the program if they have kids then the welfare system will pick up the pieces..

its gets to me though as a tax payer myself

martinhutch

Marvelling at the ‘feckless dregs of society’ is nothing new.

emsz
    Free Member

Watched it last night, and TBH they don’t help themselves but half the time people like that are just trapped, I’ve got friends with a kid ( or two) and you can’t work if your on your own with a kid. No one to look after it, and no one will give you a job anyway.

Feel sorry for them

thekingisdead
    Free Member

its gets to me though as a tax payer myself

As a tax payer supporting private companies by subsidising millions of people’s wages through working tax credits annoys me more than a few 10’s of thousands of underclass benefits claimants.

duckman

Thekingisdead + 1
    Also, a heck of a lot of the attitudes displayed on the program are down to realising from an early age that there is NOTHING for you. I teach kids who come into secondary with that mindset and it is down to the decline of heavy industry, which was (probably) inevitable, and the abandonment of the poor by a sucession of Governments, which was also inevitable.

binners

Indeed. Noting that Amazon (that makes how much profit a year?) receives more in government grants than it pays in corporation tax would be a more suitable target for your anger, as a taxpayer.

Rather than railing against ‘feckless scum’ which seems to be all that present government policy consists of, we might do better as a society if we tried to look for solutions instead. Places and people like that exist as they have effectively been abandoned by the state, to their fate. For decades of de-industialisation. What did they think would happen? That the former steelworkers would all nip back to college and re-train themselves as web developers? Then all set up their own businesses?

One of the things that stood out last night was the woeful level of education in the young people. They were essentially unemployable. Should we try and rectify that? I feel sure that its right at the top of Michael Goves to-do list

Tom-B
    Free Member

+2 thekingisdead

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

+1 Phunkmaster, propaganda indeed, anti benefits programming is Everywhere at the moment (because they want shut of it) then what will everyone do in our Failing society when there’s Nothing to fall back on?
    Oh and BTW people, your income tax does Not pay for the upkeep of these people, income tax pays only for the debt of war.
    Taxes from fuel, cigs, food, alcohol and everything else pays for the benefits system, everyone (even them) pay back into that!
    Education TV and bad parenting at fault here.

miketually
    Free Member

One of the things that stood out last night was the woeful level of education in the young people. They were essentially unemployable. Should we try and rectify that? I feel sure that its right at the top of Michael Goves to-do list

Sadly, probably not. Unless not reading some Shakespeare or knowing how to use a semi-colon are high on the list of things causing their problems?

khani
    Free Member

Big tv and an Xbox? If it’d been a duck house and a new Paddock, or a second home, or a chauffeur driven car on expenses it’d be more acceptable?
    The real scum are the people with large salaries and pensions paid for by the taxpayer who work and twist the system while large swathes of community’s are abandoned to a life of pointlessness, unemployment and low education.
    And it’s only going to get worse.. And worse.. And worse..

AdamW
    Free Member

To all those who mention big TV and X-Box, could have come from those soul-sucking gits ‘brighthouse’ who do a weekly payment scheme with very high interest rates.

Sort of a legalised loan shark.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwtaIT-HR1c[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Ch4 now ..Skint’ is closed to new replies.