Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • @ CFH travel alert.
  • Kryton57

Check your flights – BA and Virgin are cancelling and sharing due to planes being half empty.

I can confirm this – we had 192 on board – only 5 in premium – on the way out and we took the BA passengers with us on the way back whilst their plane was cancelled.

Sign ‘o the times I guess.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i dont get it ?

pooling resources is a good thing.

or are you saying their tickets were canceled and they had to rebook to get on your plane ?

*edit – as long as my lufthansa out of port harcourt goes ahead on thursday night anything else can spin 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ta! Got back this morning, as it happens. Can’t say we saw any of those problems on our flight. Then again, the prices BA were after for holidays with flights to Barbados may well have had an effect in putting people off.

Rather nicely, we had a spare seat alongside us both ways! One either side on the way back. So, rather luckily, for her first flights, Little Miss CFH had her own Club sleeper seat! She slept solidly almost the whole flight home overnight. 8)

Only two empty seats in the whole of Club on our flight back, Sadly no First on the Antigua sector, otherwise we’d have been in there.

No idea about what was going on out the back in those odd little seats. 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

if you fly with a baby you always grt an empty seat as tbh WhoTF wants to sit next to a child.,,,you would have moved if you could have 😉

Kryton57

I’ve no issue Trail Rat , just letting CFH know. The BA people on our Virgin flight had to hang around for a bit and once the plane was full there was a 24hr wait for those without a seat.

CFH us too – as mentioned we had virtually the whole of premium to ourselves on the way out. Obviously it was full on the way back, but as KJ02 is 8 months Mrs K and KJ01 had the bulkhead seats. Incidentally there was done tattooed trailer trash making a right racket with 4 kids on 1st, I felt sorry for the rest of the high fare paying passengers.

BTW did you notice I have a new watch? 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I felt sorry for the rest of the high fare paying passengers.

I’d have enjoyed the spectacle.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆 @ DD!

As an aside, no one apart from an utter idiot would actually pay to fly First with BA on a Caribbean flight. It’s all people using their Avioses (Avii?) to upgrade to a comfier cabin, or getting a nice beep upgrade at the gate. Chatting to one of our crew lat night, it appears that even multi millionaire soccerists don’t. That Rooney fellow chooses to fly Club when en famille, apparently. More “sociable” as a family, and I’d have to agree. Have been First a few times with BA, and there’s no way I’d pay for it! It is better if flying alone, however, as it’s very private and relaxing.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

@ trail rat –

Is Pt Harcourt now a popular holiday destination?

trail_rat
    Free Member

depends if your nigerian or not doesnt it ?

bruneep

Is Pt Harcourt now a popular holiday destination?

Its code for I’m hiding under the stairs whilst others think I’m working away from home.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘@ CFH travel alert.’ is closed to new replies.