Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Certer parks to sherwood pines
  • sia20
    Free Member

Spending next week at Nottingham centerparks and need to get my riding fix while away, is there a short cut through the woods to sherwood pines or do I need to head along the main road to get there

goldenwonder
    Free Member

On your bike it’s about 5 mins & you’re on the Kitchener trail-it’ll take you longer to drive than ride there!
    Go out of the main carpark of CP until the road bends right & there’s a fireroad on your left with no entry signs but it’s a permissive path for CP visitors. Ride down there about a mile or so until you reach a cross roads on fire roads.
    Straight on again & the trail crosses you in about half a mile

andypaul99
    Free Member

From the main exit (toll booths) to centre parcs turn left after 200m, ride up the fire road and you will end up on the blue route there is a trail map visible to check your bearings, from memory the pines forest centre was only a 5 min ride, hope that makes sense

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sia20
    Free Member

Top man golden wonder many thanks

sia20
    Free Member

Thanks Andy , are bikes safe there , worried about getting my orange five nicked so tempted to take my hard tail

bigdean

With very little road you could be on route 6 to either sherwood forest visitors centre or clumber park.

andypaul99
    Free Member

I kept our bikes inside the villa, it seemed pretty safe but I wouldn’t leave them unattended

goldenwonder
    Free Member

DOn’t leave your bike anywhere in CP where you’re not on it.
    You’re not supposed to, but if you can get away with it, I’d be tempted to keep it in the chalet with you, especially at night & make sure you take a decent lock with you. Sadly it did have a bit of a reputation for bike thefts, but to be honest I don’t know exactly what it’s like now.
    ( until last month I lived the opposite side of the forest)

fubar
    Free Member

I still take my scruffiest bike and still keep that inside overnight. Lots of vans around so I imagine it would be easy for a thief to leave with an extra bike easily.

asterix
    Free Member

I enjoy the odd day at Sherwood but like others have said don’t leave your bike unattended for a moment.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Certer parks to sherwood pines’ is closed to new replies.