Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cerakote, Gun-Kote, any experts?
  • epicyclo

I’ve been looking for a method of finishing some bike parts, and as usual I want to do it myself, not job it out.

Gun finishes are along the lines of what I want. Cerakote or Gun-Kote are available in the USA but there are postal restrictions to here.

I’ve asked at the local gun shop but they don’t stock those.

So does anyone know of a UK/European source for either?

(Or a similar product available here with an imperceptible thickness)

AndyPaice
    Free Member

worth trying some shooting forums, there’s always people fiddling with stuff like that.

compositepro
    Free Member

yes its a spray applied coating thats baked comes in two varieties

http://www.ceramikoat.com/

we have access to the one from THE GOOD OL USA thats outlined on many forums and if needed can put you in touch with a guy in the UK that does it

it has negligible growth on part and is used on trigger mechanisms

if its aluminium have also been experimenting with a coating that you can’t file off

epicyclo

compositepro – Member
    yes its a spray applied coating thats baked comes in two varieties

http://www.ceramikoat.com/

That sounds like it would do the job I want.

Where can I buy it here?

compositepro
    Free Member

you cant buy it ,

its a bit like powder coating you send your bits off,its not expensive to buy the stuff ,but they wont sell it to you unless you have been on the training course to get the best out of it prep etc ,been looking into it for coating frames

previously you had to send them to the USA now you can send em to a guy in the UK ,its supposedly one of the better gun coatings but its not ceramic as ceramic coatings go

bedmaker

May be worth a call to Cromarty gunsmiths epi

ninfan
    Free Member

You can get the diy duracoat kits – **** to get hold of in the UK, but I know someone who has purchased from waffen-airbrsuh.de

for bigger quantities or professional application, have heard good results from jaeger sporting services

its supposed to be really good stuff!

scotchegg
    Free Member

Ceracoat is pretty hard wearing and doesn’t chip. It needs to be baked. Duracoat is a 2 pack air cure.

I can put you in touch with an authorised user near Colchester. His prices are very keen.

compositepro
    Free Member

sod me you can buy it ,was told you couldn’t

waffen do the NIC coating that all the other US bike companies are touting as their ceramic

Found the chap in the email I was taking to

OSPREY CERAMIC COATINGS
    Services:
    Cerakote™ Firearms Coating
    Cerakote™ High Temp Coating
    UNIT 16C
    WOODEND MILL
    Phone: 44-161-4083555

epicyclo

Thanks folks. Not interested in getting anyone else to do work for me. Conflicts with my man in a shed with hand tools ethos. (ie not as much fun 🙂 )

I’ll report back. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cerakote, Gun-Kote, any experts?’ is closed to new replies.