Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Centerlock rotor problems
  • Wharfedale
    Free Member

I'm having a strange problem with an almost new Shimano 180mm rotor. After 50-60 miles of use it's developed a small amount of play where the steel of the rotor rivets to the rotor carrier. It feels like the headset is worn/loose under braking.

Anyone else had this problem?

Anybody got any experience or centrelock adaptors? I wonder if they would last longer?

sv

Spooky but true: this morning I was checking the bike over and noticed a bit of play whilst the front brake is held on. Wasnt headset or fork bushes but noticed the actual wheel is moving and the brake rotor is not. Think I might have a problem with the c-lock also! Didnt have time to take the wheel so will investigate more later. Oh mine is a 203mm on a Saint hub.

kezzergraves
    Free Member

Theres a well good solution to this, you can get these hubs with 6 tapped holes in them. Call me old fashoned but I believe they work better and theres no need for centrelock/10 speed/cannondale. K

cynic-al
    Free Member

He's already got the wheels…:roll:

I've heard of this but my 2003 xtrs are fine.

Pete
    Free Member

I've had the odd rivet go a little loose on the Shimano rotor, just support the bottom of the rivet on a solid surface and tap the top of the rivet with a hammer to tighten it.

13thfloormonk

Kezzer, this happens to six bolt rotors too, if they're rivetted. Good reply though…

My front, rivetted, XT rotor did the same thing, put it on the back where the play is less noticeable 😀

Pete, nice tip, I might try that!

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

My rear (180mm XTR) did that. I removed it, cleaned the splines then re-tigtened, but a little tighter. So far, so good!!

donks
    Free Member

Spooky….i was just yesterday griping about the movement and general rattlyness of my front XTR rotor so this thread is quiote topical. Never had a problem with the XT one on the other wheels though so it's getting changed tonight.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Centerlock rotor problems’ is closed to new replies.