Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Centre Parks – Owners Bikes on the Racks
  • rickt
    Free Member

Just returned from Centre Parcs at Whinfell, I took my “dad duties” hack bike where I have a cycle seat on it for my son, but I was amazed at the amount of premium bikes racked up in the cycle bike parks..

Saw a few Santa Cruz blurs, Giants, a Yeti, P7 & A Crush, few SS rigs, less premium but decent spec’s Team Boardmans and plenty of sub £700 rides…

There was no way I was taking my bike, but got me thinking, do most just think well its insurance so if it gets nicked so be it.. ? too trusting ?

Seen same class of bikes at Sherwood, but only riding off site to S’pines..

Thoughts..

Houns

Thoughts? Now you’ve let the world know, I’m off there with me bolt croppers

z1ppy

I’ve always taken my inbred, with a decent lock, making sure it locked to the g/f’s bike on the racks in view of a CCTV camera & in the chalet at night.
    If you’ve got a bike, it may seem silly to hire another…

rickt
    Free Member

Houns — its a known fact — more so with all the posters around the park saying so…. plus all the other threads before today.. plus you got to get in first !!

Yeah, all our bikes slept in the lodge 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

tee hee.. my hack will look like a right old nail in that sort of company..

I shall be sleeping soundly when we go off on our jols in a few weeks 8)

iolo
    Free Member

plenty of sub £700k rides..

😯

Where was the Centre Parks?Whinfell, Abu Dhabi?

Drac

Use to take my mine when we went and I’ve still got it, a couple of times I left my lock too so just left it unlocked.

tomhoward

I imagine they were all sub £700k?

Oh and while you were there, did you get any, umm, you know, mumsnet based fun? Out of interest like…

rickt
    Free Member

iolo – 🙂 edited. — yes – they where sub £700k

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Centre Parks – Owners Bikes on the Racks’ is closed to new replies.