Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Central London visit this Saturday, where to park?
  • Ambrose

A museum visit to the British Museum and the Imperial War Museum. On a Saturday. During the holiday season. Why, I ask myself…?

Anyway, we will be coming in via the M4. Can anyone suggest any decent central or western spots to park? I tried Porkopedia but it was a pain in the proverbial ar5e to use.

Cheeres, Ambrose

milky1980
    Free Member

Park somewhere in the outskirts and get the train in is what I do. Just Park is your friend.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nearest mainline station to home? Or at home and train all the way?

Speeder

Chiswick – (it’s free parking on Burlington Lane) then get the train into Waterloo (if the trains are running ok with the works that are on at the moment) it’s then a few hundred metres walk to the Imperial War Museum.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

NCP Library Road

jambourgie
    Free Member

You can park in central London. The whole world is pretty much geared up for the convenience of the motor car.

jobless
    Free Member

There are a few roads around Marylebone Station that I generally use. They are permit parking during the week, but free at the weekends.

Handy if coming from the west.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

In the past I’ve parked at a tube station – usually cheap-ish and just got the tube in.

poolman
    Free Member

I d park somwhere like kew or chiswick and tube it in.

P-Jay
    Free Member

We park in London whenever we work there, as above it’s pretty easy – it’s not actually that hard to drive around London either, just very expensive (which means less cars). We typically stay at a Premier Inn by the Eye. A one-night stay will mean 2x Congestion Charge, I think it’s £12 a day now, and £30 a day parking

So about 60-70 to drive in and park for 2 days.

DrP

We park in a car parking space literally opposite the london eye/Dungeons – costs £13.50 for the day…

Look on just-park, put in london eye, and it’ll be there.

Cheapo at the weekend… £££ in the week!

DrP

Ambrose

Brilliant. Thanks folks 🙂

Team Carmarthenshire Clampits are on their way to the Big Smoke.

If you don’t mind a bit of a walk/bus/taxi – I had to deliver a tender package to an office near Westminster the other week – I parked in St Thomas Hospital. Plenty of space and reasonable prices, as it’s a hospital. Not sure of allowed duration though. Turn right as you come over the bridge away from Big Ben and it’s on your right

geetee1972
    Free Member

Park on the M25.

CountZero

Park on the M25.

😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Central London visit this Saturday, where to park?’ is closed to new replies.