Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Central London
  • jaffejoffer
    Free Member

I live in Lancashire where riding my mountain bike is king, but i also work away and spend all week in London. I dabbled in a few road bikes to commute between my digs and the office, but they either got nicked or broke a lot and tbh i didnt enjoy riding em, i find road bikes repugnant. So now ive got a little Kona Stuff hardtail. My trip to work is miiiiles more fun. I can baz down flights of steps, do a couple of drop offs, bounce over central reservations, bunny hop over speed bumps, its brilliant! no sitting at traffic lights for me either, i dont have far to go so thats not an issue either… anyway, i was just wondering if there was anywhere else i could take my little jump bike in London of an evening, any BMX places or pump tracks knocking about, or maybe just some cool urban trails?

njee20
    Free Member

no sitting at traffic lights for me either

Why not? What does an MTB do that magically negates traffic lights?

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

i dont use the main roads, just the back streets, passageways and ginnels. ill go down one way streets on the pavements, through parks and squares. just means i can go anywhere, which i realise some people will moan about but i care not. this is always at about 6.30 am anyway. if i do meet a red light ill just turn left, find another way.

jekkyl

the canal/s?

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

another thing i hated was vehicles stopping too close to the kerb in traffic so you cant get down the side of them – not a problem now, just hop on the kerb! 8)

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

canal tow paths are good but pretty accessible to road bikes too tbf, although obvs miles more fun on a mtb.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Peckham bmx track and brixton skatepark.
    Just don’t take anything you want to keep. 😀

shermer75
    Free Member

Whereabouts in London are you?

transporter13
    Free Member

Stockwell ( Brixton) skatepark at any hour of the day or night.
    Harrow skatepark
    Southbank
    Start learning basic trials and London becomes even better.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Teh supa-trolling…

brakes
    Free Member

gaaaahhhh BLINDEDED!

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^^ argh mine eyes urt ^^^ 😯

timmys

Haggerston BMX track is probably one of the more central places.

TheBrick
    Free Member

You sound like your shit at riding in an urban enviroment if your getting into situations where

vehicles stopping too close to the kerb in traffic so you cant get down the side

good troll btw.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Wtf has my riding got to so with a bus scraping its hubcaps on a kerb, esp is its 100 yards in front of me… I’m in Angel islington, the haggerston place might be favourite! Cheers

shermer75
    Free Member

Yep, nice little pump track that. Heading north this little beauty isn’t a million miles away either

Finsbury skate park

kimbers

finsbury park and lordship recs not far from you there, worth a blast

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Central London’ is closed to new replies.