Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Central Heating Boilers?
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

There was a thread on here last year (Ages ago now) about CH boilers but I can't find it.
    Basically everyone said avoid Baxi & Potterton boilers and get a Worcester or 'XXXXXXXX' 🙂

And I can't remember what brand XXXXXXXX is now for the life of me. They came out as being as reliable as a Worcester, but cheaper.

Can someone remind me please?

Ta eversomuch! 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Cheers Drac. Looks like it was Valliant I was thinking of.

Out of interest, what did you type into the search box to find those threads please? 🙂

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Yep Valliant was the one that came up tops.

However, I just ignored this and recently got a Viessman with 5 year gurantee.

I've read lots of stuff about problems with Viessman models 3 + years old, but this latest one doesnt get any bad reviews, and is apparantley more efficient than most on the market having an external temperature sensor.

Of course I know nothing, and some one may be along to say just how cack they are??!

samuri
    Free Member

And when you get the new boiler installed, watch the engineer like a hawk when he's fitting the condensing drain pipe. Make sure it has a healthy angle to it unless you want to spend next winter eating your tea wrapped up in a duvet and not having a wash for three days.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Bit of a PSA actually –

There's a boiler scrappage scheme recently started up, in case you didn't know. Justt Google it, loads of info around. We might get £400 back for ours, I just can't remember exactly which model it is to check right now….

Drac

Out of interest, what did you type into the search box to find those threads please?

Potterrton but you have to extend the search date in advanced.

Scrappage Scheme here, looked into myself should get the ful £400 too ours is over 30 year old/

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Potterrton but you have to extend the search date in advanced.

Aaaargh. I tried everything but that! 🙂

brick
    Free Member

just had a vaillant ecotec 18 fitted and it makes a howling noise when it comes on. we are waiting for vaillant to come outa and have found out that its *probably* to do with the gas/air ratio going into the boiler. So if you get an ecotec, make sur this is correct.

Sui
    Free Member

nooooooooo.. Broag -Remeha AvantPlus is where it's at these days. People are offering 5 years parts AND labour on some models now Broag (5 parts 2 lab) and Ideal are. Just got me a Remeha and is superb – it's all about modulating adn external forces………

Bear
    Free Member

been about modulating for years now, where have you been, keep up!

And don't mention Ideal boilers – huge pile of rubbish they would have to give them away for people to use them!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Central Heating Boilers?’ is closed to new replies.