Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Central CX £££££
  • dobo
    Free Member

Was thinking of rolling up to a CX race tomorrow and just checked the hillingdon central cx race and entry on the day is £18 for a 40 min vet race, is this a joke? not sure if my licence has ran out so may be another £3 for that, which was planned for but £18 for 40 mins is nuts.
    yes yes online entry is £12 but its not always possible to plan ahead.

the 40 mins anoys me more than the money, surley this would just make more people want to join the senior 1hr race but what about the women also having 40 mins racing..
    fast vets and women cant be too happy with this surley?

oldgit
    Free Member

Sort of brings it in line. Notts & Derby is £15/£18 and 50 mins for seniors, not sure about vets?
    Is it annoying? it is what it is. I know they like online booking to speed up the gridding instead of having to work it out on the day.
    I’m a V50 and my last two laps were always the fastest, so I have some reworking to do.
    Edit; any vet/vet 50/women can join the seniors, you will be scored as a senior.

taxi25
    Free Member

£10 here in Wales, most races its on the day entry only. Have to admit if it was £18 I probably wouldn’t ride. Can’t see how the extra £6 is justified, but its their ball I suppose, they must be really trying to get people to enter online. 🙁

STATO
    Free Member

In the north east we have 2 leagues. The BC one is £12 plus £3 for day licence plus a single £5 payment to ‘register’ for the season. There is also another league, which runs same courses, often run by same people and is £7 plus £5day licence.

Seems to be the British Cycling ones that are ramping the prices up as they need ‘Commissaries attending’ for some reason. And they have the cheek to claim cross is accessible!

seanoc
    Free Member

Crikey – Fan Fawr fell race; £1 entry on the day. 🙂

benji
    Free Member

The BC subs per senior/veteran rider is £3, some of the extra is the chip timing places are using. Lincolnshire is £10 per race, and Yorkshire is £14.

Don’t mind the 40 minutes, it’s the same time as you get for the national trophy and championships. Lincs races run for an hour as seniors/juniors and veterans are all in the one race, yorkshire is seperate, but they have more attending. If you want to see big numbers the notts and derby league on a saturday is really full.

oldgit
    Free Member

OP did you ride? Forget the forty minutes being a con, all it means is that it goes ****ing fast from the gun. The racing was much better, none of the usual war of attrition stuff, proper face to face ding dongs. I’m converted.
    Got 6th as well so double happy.

benji
    Free Member

Nice ride oldgit, and that’s what makes cross fun, no matter how you are doing you will always find someone to race with.

rp16v
    Free Member

its £11/14 in southern was only advertised as 11 on the site but meh whts the deal with licences/ reduced costs ect iv only just started out so took me by suprise had a great day anyway

oldgit
    Free Member

OP you’ll actually be out for over 50 minutes, possibly an hour it depends how your laps fall.

Edit; Isn’t your BC licence annual? I’m only LVRC so don’t know.

dobo
    Free Member

no i didnt do this one as the cost put me off, i have no doubt it was a great race and i probably got out longer for 40 mins, hell id even do senior if i wanted at the risk of coming last :0 or put in a pratice lap etc.
    it just really put me off at the time

think the bc license is anual and probably ran out, no idea where it is tbh as used it this time last year maybe later..

ill probably do some of the wessex ones if the dates are ok, i rolled up to some last year no problem for a more reasonable extra few quid.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Central CX £££££’ is closed to new replies.