Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Centerlock adaptor fitting question
  • vinniebeebop
    Free Member

Hi guys, I’m trying to fit a centerlock wheel (Shimano Deore) to a 6 bolt rotor. I bought a superstar component adaptor which has 6 bolts with no heads. How does the rotor fit around these bolts?
    The adaptor bolts aren’t the same size as the rotor bolts.
    Anyone know what I’m doing wrong?
    Cheers

legend
    Free Member

I see the SS website isn’t exactly helpful!

Do you sandwich the disc between the 2 parts of the adapter? That’s the only thing I could see half working from this photo:

khani
    Free Member

Put the adapter on the hub, bolts facing up, then put the rotor on the adapter then put the thin part on the rotor, then put the lockring on and tighten it up, the locking holds it all in place

vinniebeebop
    Free Member

Thats what I thought Khani, but the bolts don’t seem to fit very well in the rotor.
    If you look at the red adaptor in the photo Legend has kindly posted it shows the threads all the way to the end so you end up with a badly fitted rotor. Doesn’t feel right.

khani
    Free Member

If the rotor sits flush on the mount and there’s no play when it’s tightened up it should be ok, try a different rotor as well, it might be slightly different

bruneep

SJS

I have this and I have no problems

You can raise and lower the 6 bolts to suit the thickness of the rotor.

vinniebeebop
    Free Member

These bolts sounds like a bit of a red herring.
    Cheers for your time, will give this a try tomorrow.

iainc

I have just bought the SS ones and am awaiting new wheels to fit them. I similarly was wondering what the thin shiny bit is for

Put the adapter on the hub, bolts facing up, then put the rotor on the adapter then put the thin part on the rotor, then put the lockring on and tighten it up, the locking holds it all in place

and wondering why the linked SJS one doesn’t have that part ?

iainc

anyone with the SS one that can help ?

Thanks

bruneep

and wondering why the linked SJS one doesn’t have that part ?

because it doesn’t need it. Rotor sits holes sit in the bolts and is held in place by the lock ring.

iainc

yeah, I thought that, wondering what the difference is with the SS one ? I am guessing the bolts must sit proud, so it acts as a spacer to allow the lockring to screw down tight ?

R.lepecha

I am guessing the bolts must sit proud, so it acts as a spacer to allow the lockring to screw down tight ?

that sounds exactly what its for

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Centerlock adaptor fitting question’ is closed to new replies.