Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Centerlock adapter fitting – HELP
  • themyers
    Free Member

Hi – I have a pair of Fulcrum red metal 5 wheels with splined hubs. I bought a pair of ashima adapters to allow me to put my 6 bolts on.

I slide the main adapter bit on fine which fits to the spline. however, te lockring you are then meant to put between the apdapter and rotor will not fit as seems to be for a different type of hub (looks like the type you would use to lock a cassette in)

then the ring that screws onto the hub which would lock the centerlock rotor in the goes up agaisn the bolt screws so isnt flush agaisnt anything.

appreciate this ddecription is crap!

basically am i missing a trick here or shoul i just tighten the adapter, fit the rotor then tighten the ring that came on the hub agaisnt the bolts??????

ta

confused-A

firestarter
    Free Member

I’m confused by that description mine goes , slide on splined bit six bolt bits facing outward. Put rotor on the six bits them do up the lot with the bolt up bit

themyers
    Free Member

according to the packet it goes:

-put on adapter
    -put on rotor
    -put on spreader plate
    -put in bolts
    -insert lock ring and tighten

however, on the hub i can do the first two bits but then the spreader plate isnt wide enough and the lock ring wont go on as there is nothing for it to go on to?

either this isnt the right kit or i need to do something i am not. i looked at normal shimano hubs and the fulcrum ones are not the same

would a pic help?

nuke

I’m using one on my rear hub and the only bit that’s used is the silver adapter with the little bolt. I put the adapter on first, did up the bolt then bolted the rotor on to the adapter.

It’s disconcerting that such a little bolt is holding the rotor in place but I found if I undid the little adapter bolt with the rotor still attached, I still couldn’t get the rotor and adapter off…I guess the 6 rotor bolts hold the adapter together and stop it loosening.

I did put the lockring back on and it doesn’t go flush against the adapter but figured it might help deflect mud etc from getting in so left it there.

themyers
    Free Member

cool thanks nuke, if it works for you i should be ok!!!! will try it:)

nuke

Just to check, mine looks like this…

…although I bought it off On-One 2 or 3 years ago as an On-One branded version.

f it works for you i should be ok!!!!

I’ve used it now for probably 1000+ miles on my Shimano centrelock hub with no problems so you should be fine 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

Ah yes I forgot the little plate . It’s as I said above but with the little plate on after rotor then tighten up with the thing. IT looks like it will fall to bits but it works

themyers
    Free Member

yes that is it, sounds like firestarter u can use it all but nuke and i can only put the main 6 bolt bit on, i cant ut the little ‘spread’ plate on as it isnt wide enough and the black lock bit also wont go on

will try out thanks guys

legend
    Free Member

thread bump/hijack

got a set of Red Metal 5s on the way and i’m concerned about the centre lock issue. i had to get new rotors anyway so just went for centre lock ones, what concerns me is that the manual for the wheels talks about using some Campag tool to mount the lock-ring?? tell me it isn’t so…..please

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Centerlock adapter fitting – HELP’ is closed to new replies.