Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Center parcs vs sherwood pines.
  • olly2097
    Free Member

So.

Gone for a family holiday to center parcs in sherwood for 5 days. Two under three year olds so it is good for them.

Sherwood pines red trail runs about half a mile away at the end of the “resort”. Thought I’d get early morning rides in before the pool and overpriced pancakes. Downloaded the os map. Can see bridleways and paths. Unfortunately I find I am hemmed in. Barb wire fence all round. One open gate with a security guard who won’t let me out.

Is my only option to put bike in car, drive out, drive to the sherwood pines car park the other end of the forest?

Anyone know any cheeky route out?

Thanks.

Stoner
    Free Member

You’re not being allowed “in” through the “exit” at Centerparcs?

Well that seems a little unsporting 😉

Pook

no cheeky route out – I was like a caged tiger pacing the line – but you can cycle round to the main entrance and then up this BW…

http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=463603&Y=364381&A=Y&Z=120

…to the red, which is here….
    http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=462073&Y=363611&A=Y&Z=120

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stoner – Member

Well that seems a little unsporting

*chortles*

Pook

As an aside, amusingly if you zoom into the 1:25k version of the map, the cheaper lodges at Sherwood Center Parcs are in a woodland called “Pittance Park”. A misnomer if ever there were.

olly2097
    Free Member

Lol. You can through the car exit and go along roads. I just couldn’t find a quick way round that isn’t gated off, haven’t got the time to ride out far. I will try your route pook, many thanks.

olly2097
    Free Member

Misnomer indeed. 4.25 for a fire log. Not meant to bring your own. Bearing in mind the same ones are 99p in B&M.
    Went to Whinfell before so was already clued up on their prices.

jonny-m
    Free Member

Just cycle straight out the main exit, turn left, the hand rail the perimeter fence for a mile or so and it drops you straight into the red route pretty much

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I will try your route pook

At least buy him dinner first.

redthunder
    Free Member

Really! Seriously your not allowed to cycle out of a centerparc. Does the real world know this?

Is this just a one off over zealous security guard. The place sounds awful.

Pictures required of the fence so we can decide on your escape plan 🙂

Pook

Really!

No, not really. Of course you can ride out.

matt_outandabout

Stoner – Member
    Well that seems a little unsporting

Maybe they hadn’t supplied a beaker of water…?

grumpysculler
    Free Member

Surely you should be looking for a cheeky route in?

perchypanther
    Free Member

craigxxl
    Free Member

I was there last year for the in-laws family get together. I had the plan of taking my bike to get on the local routes to escape only to find that we locked in. Absolutely hated the place, God know why people pay over the odds to go there. All it needed was guard towers and German Shepard’s patrolling the outside of the fence.

Pook

only to find that we locked in

How? Certainly not my experience. Rode straight out the main gate.

Agree to the rest though.

olly2097
    Free Member

I think he means other than the main gate. I was also expecting more ability to roam, trying your way in the morn. Off to pool now. 🙂

craigxxl
    Free Member

nealglover
    Free Member

Talk nicely to the builders at Gate5, on East side of the park, (past the golf driving range and the country club) they will/may let you out (and maybe even back in again?)
    It’s a straight shot North on a fire road straight into sherwood pines.

I just drive in that way half an hour ago and the gates were wide open and nobody around (although there is normally site security a guard on duty)

DickBarton

Go to bike station and ask there and you’ll be told the route…out the main entrance and about 300 yards turn left (signposted dead end)…if you get to main road you have gone too far.

I was there 3 weeks ago but didn’t get out as it was a family holiday and was doing family things.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Center parcs vs sherwood pines.’ is closed to new replies.