Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Center Parcs or similar en France
  • grtdkad

Any recommendations / experiences of Center Parcs or similar set-ups in France. Ideally located between Calais and Paris or perhaps located near the coast?

Just really going to be using as a base with our two girls (aged 14 &10) to take in France, but a pool and other facilities to return to on an evening would be great.

redstripe
    Free Member

We used to go to ‘Domaines Des Ormes’ near Dol in Northern Brittany with kids when that kind of age, plenty to do there and surrounding area, we all loved it. Never actually camped on site (you can) but used the mobile homes or wooden lodges.

grtdkad

Thanks red stripe. We’ll check that out.

ji
    Free Member

Not France but we have done CenterParcs in Holland. Much nicer than the UK ones in my opinion. Think they still have a few in France as well as Holland and Belgium

nuke

Been to CP 10+ times in Europe but never been to a UK one. Le Lac d’Ailette is your best bet IMO (we’ve been twice to that park)…easy to get to via Calais, best Aquamondo of all CPs we’ve been to (loads of tubes) and, if you can get lakeside, the patio is decking over the lake. Feasible to do a day in Paris too although a long day but we were voted down by our kids…another time

ratherbeintobago

My godson’s family are going to CP in Holland in Aug, and are paying a lot less than they would for a UK one.

CP UK is a different company from the European one, by the way.

sing1etrack

We went to CP Les Bois Francs, West of Paris, last summer. I’d go back. Very similar to the English ones (much of it exactly the same as elevden in fact, presumably they shared the same design). Differences were that it was slightly shabbier but certainly not a mess, noisy at the weekend with more groups rather than families, and the no car rule is ignored by quite a lot of people, which got right on my tits. Don’t go expecting English to be widely spoken, or indeed there to be many other English there, but we managed with our GCSE french.

grtdkad

Thanks all. Any other experiences?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Center Parcs or similar en France’ is closed to new replies.