Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Center Parc equivalents
  • andyfla
    Free Member

We are looking at a holiday in the october half term and feel that centre parks are taking the michael somewhat as the week before it is £1000 pounds cheaper that the half term week, so what are the options for something similar (pool, things to do in crappy weather, etc) ? within an hour or so of the ferry would do across the channel at a push.

Cheers All

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Have a look on here

http://www.pierreetvacances.com/gb-en/holidays-pierre-vacances-resorts_ms

Center Parcs in Europe are ran by another company, I believe, and are supposedly quite a bit cheaper, so may be worth a look.

MoreCashThanDash

Times of austerity, eh Andy?

You’ll be swapping sportives for audax next, mark my words….

andyfla
    Free Member

Audax ? Never, I can’t grow the facial hair

martinhutch

Or you could fly to Billund and combine a visit to Lalandia (similar to Centerparcs in terms of lodges/big pool/stuff to do inside) with Legoland. Billund airport is about 2 miles from the complex.

andyfla
    Free Member

Ooh, great ideas

takisawa2

The CSMA place at Whitemead in the Forest of Dean is ok, not quite on Centreparcs scale, but my kids love it. It’s handy (as in 2 miles flat, safe forest ride), to the Forest of Dean trail centre. I’m about to book it, but in touring caravan.

andyfla
    Free Member

The Billund one looks ace, but …. Only flight from midlands is BA at £500 each ! Shame as the centre looks awesome

Blackhound

Friends from up in Bakewell reckon it is cheaper to go to the Dutch version of CP and prefer it as well.

martinhutch

Only a couple of hours to Stansted…

andyfla
    Free Member

Only a couple of hours to Stansted…

Friends coming from up North unfortunately.

I personally like the idea of Danish waterpark for some reason …..

backinireland
    Free Member

Bluestone near tenby

garage-dweller

Another blue stone fan here but less sure about October!

lesgrandepotato

We stayed at pontins once. It wasn’t the same.

iain1775
    Free Member

Try Dunirell in Holland
    We did a full 7 day week there last October cheaper than a weekend at Centrparcs, and that included overnight ferry from Hull

andyfla
    Free Member

cheers all, looks like the continent could be a good idea

andermt
    Free Member

http://www.landal.com

Used them for the last 10 years for the summer family holiday, usually in Germany and Austria.
    Very good prices and the sites are pretty good.

martinhutch

Used them for the last 10 years for the summer family holiday, usually in Germany and Austria.
    Very good prices and the sites are pretty good.

Oooh. You may have just sorted my next family holiday out…cheers!

cheers_drive

I probably not the right person to ask as I don’t have kids and detest these type of Trueman show places but I sent to Lalandia this year for my father in laws birthday (he’s Danish).
    The lodge we stayed in was very nice but the areas around it were a little scruffy and because cars are allowed on sight it’s not as safe for children playing out front as Centreparks is. The complex itself is one big shed which is like a mix between a leisure centre, a Las Vegas hotel and hell. However I’m sure with kids – and tolerance of other peoples kids it will be fine.
    One thing to note is that eating out in Denmark is very expensive so be prepared and not the best quality so be prepared to cook in the lodge every night.
    The trump card is that Legoland is walking distance away and can easily occupy the kids for several days – return passes are available.

martinhutch

like a mix between a leisure centre, a Las Vegas hotel and hell

😀

I can see that it wouldn’t be top pick for childless couples. Could put you off for life, too!

andyfla
    Free Member

like a mix between a leisure centre, a Las Vegas hotel and hell

You couldnt throw a sicky ? – i hate them and i have kids !

iain1775
    Free Member

Lalandia sounds just what I was looking for for next years holiday (been promised I can go to Legoland for my 40th, seen how I’ve wanted to go since I was about 6 and now with my own little one have the perfect excuse)
    Cheers chreers_drive 🙂

Marge
    Free Member

Certainly should check center parc Belgium & Netherlands.
    As school holiday timing is different to UK i gather they can be way cheaper…

Only one I’ve been to (sort of) is lommel (vossemeeren).
    Plenty of good off-road biking there even if its flat. Its also fairly rain resistant as it’s sandy base.

garage-dweller

One thing about Duinrell to bear in mind is that by October half term a lot of stuff is being packed up on the nearby coast . We went just before half term a couple of years back and they had dismantled and put into storage a lot of the beach cafes. We sat outside one while they were literally unscrewing and removing whole sections of wall and taking them flat packed over the dunes to store in the car park over the winter.

Loads of stuff still to do. If you have young kids the model village at Madurodam is great as is the aquarium at Schevingen and the beaches are beautiful.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Center Parc equivalents’ is closed to new replies.