Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Centenarians with the bodies of 50-year-olds will one day be possible
  • miketually
    Free Member

Prof Doyle said experts elsewhere were also working on similar regenerative therapies … to ensure that people can continue being as active during their second half-century as they were in their first.

And there was someone on TV recently saying he thought the first person to live to 1000 had probably already been born.

Amazing stuff, and another reason to look after yourself in the first 50 years.

BigDummy
    Free Member

If you're 1,000, and you fancy 90 year old girls, is that wrong?

miketually
    Free Member

If the 90 year old has the body of a hot 40 year old, go for it!

glenh
    Free Member

What if she has the body of a 9 year old?

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Nice ideas.

You still die though.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I find all this a bit wierd. There are 60 year old chaps in my road club who can grind me (31) into the ground. Presumably somewhere between 60 and 80 they start to fade away rather, but I reckon if you hit 80 at all you've not got much to grumble about.

All this eternal life stuff is only going to be for the seriously wealthy in the forseeable future, and I suspect it's only for the seriously self-important anyway. You'd have to be very sure of your contribution to human civilisation to want to be taking up space for 1,000 years' worth of pig hearts and cobalt-alloy knee joints. 😕

miketually
    Free Member

I reckon if you hit 80 at all you've not got much to grumble about.

My wife does the funeral arrangements at our local church. There are lots of very old women getting buried, but men seem to die in their 50s at an alarming rate around here.

Olly
    Free Member

surely thats what we have already?

as more and more parts become replaceable, the life span increases.

i BELIEVE the natural life span of a human is 20-30 years!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_expectancy

the table in this also indicates the same thing

basicly around 20-30 average age, higher in some places, but then a jump up as the 20th century progresses.

wrinkles are due to the break down of the elastin in the cells, elastin only has a certain lifespan.
    breeding age for a human peaks around 20-30, after a 10 year span of raising the kids, the older memebers of the groupd (40s) are a drain on resources.

it all points to a natural end of life, that we dont have to worry about anymore…

I think technology is moving faster than the again process

IanMunro
    Free Member

One of my cousins is going to live for at least 120 years. Pretty much guaranteed apparently. This is due to his super healthy diet of some bits of grass, seeds and anything else uncooked.

crikey
    Free Member

Maybe it'll just feel that long..

uplink
    Free Member

DrJ

50 year old with the body of a centenarian is already possible. It's me :-((

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

miketually – Member

I reckon if you hit 80 at all you've not got much to grumble about.

My wife does the funeral arrangements at our local church. There are lots of very old women getting buried, but men seem to die in their 50s at an alarming rate around here.

where do you live – it might be time for me to move….

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

men seem to die in their 50s at an alarming rate around here.

phew, only another 3 1/2 years and I'll have escaped the dangerous fifties :o)

bialled_dikes
    Free Member

I told my wife I wanted the body of a 21 year old.

She wouldn't have it though.

GrahamS

I wish they'd get a bend on with this immortality lark.

I was ideally hoping to be made immortal with my twenty year old body. Now I'm 34 and bits are starting to creak. 😕

samuri
    Free Member

Do the men all have long suffering but very tried faces as they go to their graves and the women all have this bitter lemon sucking expression on with jaw muscles the size of walnuts?

odannyboy
    Free Member

in the next 70 years they will make people live over ten times longer

cobblers!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Centenarians with the bodies of 50-year-olds will one day be possible’ is closed to new replies.