Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • CEN Souls, how strong are they, what are their limits?
  • nmdbase
    Free Member

Just wondering like…

brooess
    Free Member

Cy told me that repeated 2 foot drops to flat would not be healthy (I’m 80kg)
    BFe is for bigger stuff

Dai
    Free Member

Is pre CEN considered stronger or weaker?

stevede
    Free Member

Weaker-they beefed up the frames to pass the cen tests.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Daft question realy

Any thing has its limits, how you quantify the limits well there is anothere question

MrSmith
    Free Member

Cy told me that repeated 2 foot drops to flat would not be healthy

Is it a mountain bike or a commuter? 2ft drops to flat are hardly extreme.

chiefgrooveguru

I asked Cy about the “two foot drops to flat” comment some time ago. His response was that the Soul is a very strong frame, whilst the BFe is strong enough for dropping off things the height of buildings. Mine gets a few feet of air most times I ride it and that includes the offroad commute it’s regularly used for. At the moment I’m working on a local tabletop / gap jump sequence…

chiefgrooveguru

“Where the Cotic Soul covers the XC to All Mountain trail riding spectrum, the BFe begins at All Mountain and takes things as far as you want to go.”

What does that say to you? Not a DJ or DH frame but not exactly some flimsy, wheels on the ground, racing round fields, thing is it?

trail_rat
    Free Member

if you ride like a fudd then drops will kill it ….

if you have an ounce of technique its frightening how high you can drop even on a flimsy xc bike ….

MrSmith
    Free Member

‘flimsey’ you say? Take it back as its not fit for purpose.

cy

The Soul is a tough frame and we don’t hear of many getting broken. Unless you’re dirt jumping or doing massive stunts, it’ll be fine.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Is it a mountain bike or a commuter? 2ft drops to flat are hardly extreme.

Yes. But this is STW where most riders would have to have completed a skills course to have been able to do that.

Better safe than sorry.

blahblahblah
    Free Member

Cy,

How different are the back ends of the Soul and BFe? They are both 4130 Chromoly are they not; is the difference not in the front end?

Loving my Soul one year on. It certainly doesn’t give me the impression of being a flimsy frame, that’s for sure.

timnwild

I’ve every intention of riding my pre-CEN Soul off higher drops than 2ft as regularly as I can. Surely a steel frame, big travel forks and a bit of technique will let you do pretty much whatever you need to?

nmdbase
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies folks 🙂

honourablegeorge

timnwild – Member

I’ve every intention of riding my pre-CEN Soul off higher drops than 2ft as regularly as I can. Surely a steel frame, big travel forks and a bit of technique will let you do pretty much whatever you need to?

Same here. Apart from the technique bit.

chiefgrooveguru

I cleared my first no-Jedi-present gap jump today and my Soul didn’t break. 😉

The obvious difference between a Soul and a BFe’s stays can be seen below:

blahblahblah
    Free Member

Oh yeah,

That is pretty clear when you compare them side by side like that.

Cheers ChiefGG

I’m trying very very hard to resist buying an old style XS BFe for street before they all sell out!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I’m trying very very hard to resist buying an old style XS BFe for street before they all sell out!

There are other bicycle manufacturers that make frames specifically for street riding.

But really, you want a bmx.

chiefgrooveguru

But really, you want a bmx.

I agree. Keep the BFe (or Soul, depending on how large – in the air sense – you like to go) for shredding the dirt gnarr… 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘CEN Souls, how strong are they, what are their limits?’ is closed to new replies.