Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 339 total)
  • Celibacy……….
  • cinnamon_girl

xherbivorex – first step is to like yourself. Spend time alone really really thinking about your life, what you want from it, your good points, your bad points. You either accept how you are or you refuse to be a victim and move forward. Take control of your situation.

Surround yourself with positive upbeat people and here is as good a place as any. Don't know if you've done any group rides but if you haven't, give them a go and enjoy the buzz and camaraderie.

Believe me, you can be married and still be lonely. Been there, done that, divorce papers coming through this month after two years separation.

The above is what I have been applying to my new life. Yes, it's bloomin' tough sometimes but you have to hang in there.

sor
    Free Member

Another freak of nature here, being close to a decade since I last got jiggy with it. A few years recovering from an untimely end of marriage, and since then finding it both increasingly difficult to rejoin the dating game and increasingly more comfortable being single. To the extent that when I got a no-strings-attached offer not very long ago, I turned it down. I haven't really regretted that decision too much, time and time again, since.

Bunnyhop

xherbivorex – I'm going to disagree with you. I think you are actually coping really well, however you are being too hard on yourself.

Having see you after a big gap, a few weeks ago, I recognise a big change. Come riding with us whenever you fancy.

Time is a huge healer. In this world of everything happening now, we expect too much.

sharki
    Free Member

Surely you have to microwave it?

Some women are cold on the inside as well as the outside….

And i'l apply that to my own gender though not through experience.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

BH- i just have a good mask that i wear when out of the house i think!
    but seriously, thanks to you both. that slippy slidey lyme park ride last month was great. just what i needed.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Some women are cold on the inside as well as the outside….

but how would you ever find out ? Cold is OK for strangers but not relationships…

sharki
    Free Member

Simon get the sex out of way early on before you get emotionally attached to her/him, if not you maybe in for a big surprise when you do get that close….i've a friend that got too close too late and nearly couldn't sit down for a week, if you get my drift….. 😉

aleigh
    Free Member

Reading this makes me realise i'm a whore.

😆

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I was celibate in my last relationship to the point where i can remember the last time we were 'intimate' – once in 4yrs.
    To be honest we hadn't been doing it for the last five years of the relationship and it was sporadic before that!

Now i'm with a lady who really can't get enough and is EXTREMELY inventive 8O!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Extremely inventive at 80?!?

That is experienced, not inventive surely?

rolfharris
    Free Member

Buzz- if you're being really fenickey, teflon grease is more realistic.

You can, allegedly, use coffee to make it look like the Sultan of Brunai.

sharki
    Free Member

Now i'm with a lady who really can't get enough and is EXTREMELY inventive 8O!

LOL, i initailly mis read that as "Now i'm with a lady who really can't get enough and am an EXTREMELY inventive 😯 yr old!"

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Does a ceased sex-life always mean the relationship will fail though? [Christ, wot is this, Cosmo?]

neilnevill
    Free Member

maybe we should start a STW dating page. South london single male, NS, GSH, 36, seeks girl to share bicycle rides and companionship….

A friend of mine reckons climbing walls should all have a dating ads section as all the men seem to think the women climbers are very attractive and I suspect a higher than average proportion of the men appear equally appealing to the girls (or each other) so surely it would be a huge success!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

was supposed to be a 😯 face! (oops – if she finds out i called her 80yr old the inventiveness will soon stop!)

sharki
    Free Member

Does a ceased sex-life always mean the relationship will fail though? [Christ, wot is this, Cosmo?]

Yes, because it's the only part of a relationship i can get right. 😥

twang
    Free Member

neilnevill – Member
    maybe we should start a STW dating page.

I LIKE IT!!…..got to be started by a girl though…Aleigh, new thread please?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Well most of the (all too few) lady cyclists i have seen have been very easy on the eye, maybe it is the sight of a nice, rounded bottom in lycra that does it?
    Cyclists tend to be somewhat fitter than the average population so this (in theory) should make them slightly more attractive to the opposite sex?
    (assuming they are practically human in most other respects!)

rolfharris
    Free Member

"Does a ceased sex-life always mean the relationship will fail though? [Christ, wot is this, Cosmo?]"

T'other way around isn't it? Your relationship fails and you end up having no sex life.

aleigh
    Free Member

re a singles thread – tried that before and the lads took the p1ss!!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

aleigh – Member

tried that before and the lads took the p1ss!!

not all of us them did!

aleigh
    Free Member

quite happy to but no one comes forward

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Aleigh – i see a problem. We have a (very) small minority of single cycling females and a huge majority of ageing, balding, overweight, relationship-incompetent males…….. 😛

hora
    Free Member

Reading this makes me realise i'm a whore.

+1.

Even in Prison I'd still be a whore. Mind, I'd have to catch the bus the other way but I'd definitely be the Bus driver 😯

Binners- I'm currently in the eye of the storm…in a few months time. My sexlife will be dead calm 😥

Kiril
    Free Member

As someone newly separated (3 weeks) after 21 years together. The apparent lack of any potential future partner is rather depressing.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Kiril – was in your position this time last year, by Feb i was needing a rest so don't lose hope!

Kiril
    Free Member

Muddydwarf That's the sort of hope I need 🙂

neilnevill
    Free Member

Those that aren't interested/are otherwise engaged just chipped in with …..'encouragement from the touchline' did they? I'm not surprised. For a similar reason I strongly suspect an STW group ride would rarely lead to two people getting together….the bawdy banter, or even just the threat of it, would probably scare any interested party off unless they were supremely confident and if they were supremely confidnet they are probably not going to be single in the first place.

That's why a 'thread' probably wouldn't work, it might have more chance if it were a section of the site which was specifically set up for the purpose. I might even pay for premier user status to give it a go 🙂 [cough] mods? [/cough]

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"a huge majority of ageing, balding, overweight, relationship-incompetent males"

To be fair, the women are aging too.

aleigh
    Free Member

there are some single chaps out there – they're just embarrassed to come forward!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Why not just PM someone if you think they might be amenable?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Kiril – Xmas is a shite time to be breaking up with someone as i know all too well. It knocked me for six, it really did. I suffered really badly with depression to the point of attempting-to-attempt suicide and i still get down now, although that is more to do with the redundancy/unemployment.
    If you want to chat PM me.

aleigh
    Free Member

because it's very hit and miss – you can never be sure

sharki
    Free Member

I'm single but a self confessed whore, not sure if that will get me very far so…

Where do i sign?

TooTall
    Free Member

Superstar Opponent – you just need to see sharki in his gold lame shorts and boots. That'll have you from 'Mr Flippy Floppy' to 'somewhere to hang a wet duffel coat' in no time at all.

Toot toot!

hora
    Free Member

Kiril , I know female friends who were in the same position as you (so its girls too). I was angst-ridden for them. Top girls with no decent blokes for them. Seriously and worried that 'is this it for life'?

Took a while but each one has landed their fellas. 😀

xherbivorex
    Free Member

kiril, i was in the same position as you last february.
    nothing's changed for me though… 🙁

muddydwarf
    Free Member

It's not that i'm short that puts women off – it's my sexual deviancies!!!

aleigh
    Free Member

i'll get the contract emailed to you 😉

twang
    Free Member

muddydwarf – Member
    Aleigh – i see a problem. We have a (very) small minority of single cycling females and a huge majority of ageing, balding, overweight, relationship-incompetent males……..

youve got the pick of the bunch you lucky ladies…(I am one of the majority BUT, heres the clincher, I have hair… and not just on my head, all over! I'm like a **** gorilla!!!)….

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 339 total)

The topic ‘Celibacy……….’ is closed to new replies.