Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 145 total)
  • Celebrity news: Crazy Legs narrowly avoids breaking his neck!
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Nice of you to make personal attacks

is that what it was ? I had assumed you took on the Col. Snotty persona for comic effect! TJ, you're very apt to complain about these attacks from all and sundry, to the extent that I think "The lady doth protest too much". If we're so unremittingly horrid to you perhaps you should dispense your wisdom where it receives the reverence you feel it deserves ? I get a lot of stick too, but I never take it seriously 🙂

I think it was the sound of your handbag passing my ear.

brilliant rejoinder :o) [actually LOLing]

Bunnyhop

Blimey James, glad you're alright.

More importantly how's the bike?

Remember 2 things – 'chicks dig scars' and you should have 'PUT YOUR SADDLE DOWN' (an in joke btw).

Come round for tea later if you're feeling up to it.

Bunnyhop x

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I forgot mention that, as he lay bleeding copiously, he several times insisted on knowing how his bike was, so Callum picked it up and checked brakes, wheels and gears etc to confirm everything was working properly. It probably had a soft landing on top of him :o) Later Fay did mischievously asked if we could get some scratch stickers to put on it :o)

mrsflash
    Free Member

Nice one James! heal soon.

Great pics SFB!

haddock
    Free Member

I've not ridden with the bogtrotters but the club has good local knowledge and it simply must be safer to ride with them than someone heading out into the unknown alone.

Its not possible to measure how many people riding with the bogtrotters or similar groups have been prevented from getting themselves in trouble by going it alone. I imagine SFB probably has to put quite a lot of effort into organising rides for people different abilities, it must be a thankless task at times, and critising him for having to call 999 on occaisions seems a bit of a cheap shot.

lowey

Ouch!!

Cracking pic, healing vibes mate.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

it must be a thankless task at times

I don't require thanks, the grins on people' faces (even experienced riders) are more than enough for me 🙂

I make no apology for calling 999 and would do it again in similar circumstances. Also I wouldn't seek to prevent riders from trying the jumps, having seen them successfully taken frequently before. We all make mistakes, and my leadership can be quite negligent at times, but I hope I learn from experience, and most of our rides pass off with no more than an occasional harmless tumble.

fizzer
    Free Member

"Fizzer – I wasn't there so I cannot say what I would have done"

but you did anyway

"Possible neck injury then 999 perhaps best"

as first aider that is exactly what I did

crazy-legs

Here we go again – yes, I should have jumped to my feet and walked out, how irresponsible of me. 🙄 Trust me, that was my option too but, in spite of trying that, I was unable to do so.

No-one there requested the air ambulance (certainly not me!), the OPERATOR sent that as soon as "head/neck injury, facial bleeding" was heard. It was in the area anyway, it got there within 5 minutes.

I wasn't riding anything I haven't done before from UK to Alps/Pyrenees and Utah, I don't alter my "riding style" depending on where I am. On the day, my judgment/timing was wrong – it's just one of those things albeit slightly more serious than most accidents of that nature where everyone claps and laughs, the rider dusts themselves down and carries on.

Fortunately, I was with a good group of people rather than a bunch of keyboard warriors who all know better in spite of being hundreds of miles away…

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I think that photo is karma for that one you got of me doing the "glentress superman" 5 years ago.

the_hobbit_of_ossy
    Free Member

hey James – hope you heal soon – at least you should be out riding soon unlike me 🙁

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Great thread, could have been a page shorter without the sh1te in the middle though!

It ain't just his legs that are Crazy!

Hope you're riding again soon.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Ah well Crazy Legs – it's good that you are OK to be back here typing so that's good news. At least your spill wasn't half as bad as Robert Green's 🙁

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Green's spill would have been fatal for some nationalities!!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Green's spill would have been fatal for some nationalities!!

are some peoples more fragile ?

Drac

**** me there's some utter drivel been added on here.

Hope your not too sore and achy today James.

smiler

Glad to hear you're okay James, hope you're healed up and back out soon.

Iain

firestarter
    Free Member

get well soon fella

just to add another slant to the arguing about calling for help. i crashed in scotland and walked down back to my car felt not too bad then as if by magic i was in a bed on an intensive care ward waiting for an mri head scan ;-( so you never know what you might have wrong with you. im trained well in first aid too but i couldnt see it in myself

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Yeah, I once fell off my Suzuki on diesel on a roundabout. I drove home, walked into the house and passed out in the hallway…

anokdale
    Free Member

One should not be made to feel guilty for calling the emergency services especially when the mechanism of injury can indicate possible severe injuries.

Glad the fella is okay

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

(click for bigger)

Woody
    Free Member

Chriiiist! Why does every thread have to have an argument?

Great pic(s) and glad CL is more or less ok 🙂 That could've been really nasty.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Why does every thread have to have an argument?

uh, with me in it, how could there not be ?

toys19
    Free Member

I don't think it's you SFB.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I don't think it's you SFB

no, but I'm involved 🙂

toys19
    Free Member

aracer
    Free Member

"Why does every thread have to have an argument?"
    uh, with me in it, how could there not be ?

This thread doesn't meet the normal criteria, but with that admission I felt it deserved a tag 😉

Trailseeker
    Free Member

This thread doesn't meet the normal criteria, but with that admission I felt it deserved a tag

Yawn

So WTF (w=who) is crazy legs?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

So WTF (w=who) is crazy legs?

I got the impression he was an MTB celebrity. Most bikers I encounter seem to know him, or at least of him. But does it matter? it's still a spectacular face plant 🙂

Dave
    Free Member

He's in the photo, keep up…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

The whole story:
    click pic for more

D0NK
    simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Loving all the sympathy he's getting

no need for us all to be miserable 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

From the pics I'd say some people need to learn how to fall. Essential skill in MTBing!
    For the record I face planted into a tree and walked back to the car park. Walked to the hospital after having a bath and found I had busted my neck. (I'm just 'ard though.)

So you do need to stop wasting the air ambulance's time 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

For the record I face planted into a tree

isn't that a head butt ?

DezB
    Free Member

Pedantic!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Chriiiist! Why does every thread have to have an argument?

TJ.

MarkN
    Free Member

Glad that you are okay and that it was nothing too serious. It does look like a nasty off and head/neck/C spine injury was quite a possibility. For future reference you should not be sat up, rolled over etc if a neck injury is suspected and the head should be supported.

Mend well and quickly and get back out there soon.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

The first aider prevented anyone from moving him but James insisted on sitting up himself…

MarkN
    Free Member

Ah okay, and you cant stop them for sure, been there before. The next best thing then is to have someone sit/kneel behind him just in case he passes out and falls back. Good to see you got him laid out later.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘Celebrity news: Crazy Legs narrowly avoids breaking his neck!’ is closed to new replies.