Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Celebrity Big Brother / Celebrity culture
  • Harry_the_Spider

Curiosity got the better of me so I had a look in t’internet to see who the “celebs” were. FFS, it makes the line up of “Dancing On Ice” look like Angelina Jolie, Clint Eastwood and The Pope.

Why do so many people worship these strange orange folk whose aim in life is to be on Hollyoaks and to get spit roasted by Tranmere Rovers’ midfield?

Lifer
    Free Member

4OD – Starsuckers

Tries to answer you question, I think it does quite a good job.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

So i take it the reports that Charlie Sheen was going to be in it were wrong?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    falkirk-mark

Dunno why people worship them, but the (celebs) would have to go out and get a real job if the were not on the telly.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Because they get paid for doing nothing, and can then flaunt their wealth to all the people who aspire to be wealthy. Those aspirations are then based on nothing more than the idea that you can have all the plasma TV screens you like, and you don’t need to actually do anything to earn them.

Surprising really that this hasn’t had any wider impact. Oh, wait….

donsimon
    Free Member

So i take it the reports that Charlie Sheen was going to be in it were wrong?

Even in his current state of depression, confusion and chemically induced haze, I think he could see that it wouldn’t be a good idea.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

What amazes me more is the amount of people who get irate about it.

You’d have to have spent the last ten years in a coma not to know that BB is going to be full of shallow, annoying wannabe celebs so why bother tuning into it? Especially if what youre then going to do is start slagging it off?

On my Facebook account last night I had 9 different updates from my ‘friends’ talking of how annoying BB is!

For the record I also hate it. But I learnt that fact pretty early and as such don’t continue to punish myself by watching it.

Coyote
    Free Member

What Flashheart said.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

you’ve answered your own question – you know it’s crap but you just thought you’d try it , that’s what people do and how they get sucked into what will happen next. it might be nasty but its clever.

Harry_the_Spider

Hold your water there fella! 😯

I didn’t try it. I looked at a news website to see if there was anybody of interest on it.

AlexSimon

People are fascinating. We enjoy being able to see people with their guard down. Even though I despise the idea of it, I know from past experience that if I turn it on and watch for a few minutes, I’ll be interested.

yunki
    Free Member

People are fascinating. We enjoy being able to see people with their guard down. Even though I despise the idea of it, I know from past experience that if I turn it on and watch for a few minutes, I’ll be interested.

+1

although channel 5 have somehow taken a disturbingly crass idea and painted it liberally with greasy turds..

I mean, I’m not saying that the channel 4 version was classy or that previous contestants have been known for their towering intellect.. but the producers must have just gotten hold of a massive pile of cash and a few mercinaries and sent them out with the brief to find
    The most vacuous dregs of humanity in the public eye right now’

It’s going to be ace.. 🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

AlexSimon – Member

Rubbish. Fascinating people are fascinating, most people are offensively dull.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

All I’m concerned about is that it may well push CSI episodes off Five. 🙁

Don’t care really. When Wimbledon or the Golf’s on, I just watch or do something else. No point moaning about it; it’s like having a strop cos the supermarket sells stuff you don’t like and won’t buy, innit?

Harry_the_Spider

They should burn some tires outside the house and playback the sound of riots and gunfire then cut the power, food, water and communications. Their reaction to that over a few weeks would be worth watching.

Stuey01
    Free Member

BB used to annoy me a little because I like the repeats of old Frasier on channel 4 in the morning before work and through the summer the whole channel was taken over by BB.
    Now it’s on 5, meh. I just won’t watch it.

Tara Reid used to be hot.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I never watch BB or similar.

I used to subscribe to X Factor but will not be tuning in to this year’s series.

I would like to know why Coleen Nolan (above) is so popular. She’s on tv and on the cover of almost all “women’s magazines.” She seems to have carved out a career as a social commentator. WTF.

She was in a girl band in the 70s and has been on Loose Women. She was also the face of Iceland supermarkets. What a CV.

willard

It is also possible, apparently, to trace any manga/anime female character back to one of the Nolan sisters. Today’s random trivia.

Stuey01
    Free Member

I would like to know why Coleen Nolan (above) is so popular

I can see a couple of reasons.

boom boom.

sefton
    Free Member

I liked BB when they would fuel them with unlimited amounts of alcohol – then watch them scratch each others eyes out!

its truly garbage and most are mealy t.v personalities

that paddy guy fair play but for god sake he was in a documentary!

and a model – thats just a job! 🙄

kimbers

its just chav tv innit

if it had been on a few weeks ago probably wouldve kept the rioters off the streets

Helios
    Free Member

[excuse mode]

I saw bits of it because MrsH had it on last night to see who was going in (she doesn’t actually watch it thank god – just likes to chuckle at the “celebrities”)

[/excuse mode]

Was Tara Reid completely off her face? Or is she always like that?

higthepig
    Free Member

Harry the Spider

get spit roasted by Tranmere Rovers’ midfield?

You leave the mighty Tranmere Rovers out of this, the biggest team on Merseyside, they have far more class (I think and hope).

davidrussell
    Free Member

get spit roasted by Tranmere Rovers’ midfield?

That could be interesting if they were playing a 3-5-2 that week.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Do us middle class people even get channel 5? I thought you could only get it if you had a 50″ TV

higthepig
    Free Member

Do us middle class people even get channel 5?

Who you calling middle class? Impudent oik

p.s. My secretary posted this on my behalf 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

randomjeremy – Member
    Do us middle class people even get channel 5? I thought you could only get it if you had a 50″ TV

Just go and steal one.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Celebrity Big Brother / Celebrity culture’ is closed to new replies.