Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 138 total)
  • Cecil Parkinson
  • ransos
    Free Member

What they didn’t tell you in the BBC obituary was that he refused to have any contact with his disabled daughter, and took out a court injunction to prevent her identifying herself publicly. Good riddance to an odious man.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/12120477/The-only-promise-Cecil-Parkinson-ever-kept-never-to-see-his-daughter.html

jekkyl

What a scumbag.

binners

An utterly vile excuse for a human being. Imagine how uttterly cold-hearted, and devoid of huanity you’d have to be to do what he did to your own flesh and blood. Just because their existence, which is entirely down to you, is a bit embarresssing for you.

An utter ****!!!!

mtbfix

Let’s face it, if you held a senior position in public life then the child of an affair is unlikely to figure high in your list of things you want the world knowing about. Especially back then. The suggestion that he disowned her due to the disability is somewhat misleading.

shermer75
    Free Member

Just read the article. What a horrible little man.

ransos
    Free Member

Let’s face it, if you held a senior position in public life then the child of an affair is unlikely to figure high in your list of things you want the world knowing about. Especially back then. The suggestion that he disowned her due to the disability is somewhat misleading.

His affair was public knowledge before the injunction. And no-one suggested that he disowned her because of her disability.

ratnips
    Free Member

Cecil Parkinson, God father of the super injuction and all round horrible human being…

“It forbade anyone, including Sara, from speaking of Flora publicly or doing almost anything that could lead to her identity being revealed. It prevented even Flora talking of her life.

So far-reaching were its powers that Flora’s schools have had to go to extreme lengths to conceal her identity – thus she has never been photographed alongside her classmates or been allowed to take part in any school activity.”

jekkyl

I wonder how often he thought of her. I know if it were me it would be every day, how as a human could he never go and visit her, just doesn’t compute.

binners

He disowned her not because she was disabled, but because he is a shallow, grasping, sociopathic, heartless, self-absorbed egotistical bastard, who fancied blaming someone else for his own faults, then punishing them!!

NZCol

Unbelievable.

ransos
    Free Member

He disowned her not because she was disabled, but because he is a shallow, grasping, sociopathic, heartless, self-absorbed egotistical bastard, who fancied blaming someone else for his own faults, then punishing them!!

That’s about the size of it. We expect Tories to be colossal perverts, but this is an extreme level of vindictiveness, against your own flesh and blood.

Klunk
    Free Member

he is a shallow, grasping, sociopathic, heartless, self-absorbed egotistical bastard

Maggies kinda of man.

Pigface
    Free Member

I feel a bit ashamed for saying this but good riddance, when Tebbit goes I will feel the same.

Love the Spitting Image sketch or him telling his dick off.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I’ve often thought the first Blackadder was based on him.

johnners
    Free Member

Well, he doesn’t seem to have been a very nice man.

richmars

I remember Private Eye mentioning this when it was happening, but not many other papers reported it. I’m sure it will be mentioned again in the next issue.

Coyote
    Free Member

What a vile, vile creature. Disowning his own daughter because she was an inconvenience to his career! Good riddance.

Be interesting to see if the resident STW Tories will spring to his defense. I doubt even they can find admiration for this ****.

stewartc
    Free Member

I’m at a loss how you could actually get such a draconian court injunction put in place, how does that even happen, guessing he was buddies with the judge?

binners

Have you not sussed out how our glorious judicial and political system – the one we like to lecture the rest of the world about – actually works?

If you’ve the power, the money and the connections, you can do pretty much whatever the **** you like.

The real question here is not how it was possibe to do it, but how you arrive at a point of such total personal moral bankruptcy that you seek to pursue it in the first place.

But hey ho.. what else would you expect from one of Thatchers right hand men? Renowned as they all were for their humanity and compassion

El-bent
    Free Member

Be interesting to see if the resident STW Tories will spring to his defense. I doubt even they can find admiration for this ****.

They are probably still over on the Jeremy Corbyn thread,still telling everyone that he is a threat to national security yadda, yadda, yadda, and may be far too busy flogging that particular dead horse to come on over congratulate Cecil on being a “default” tory.

Rockape63
    Free Member

This is STW bingo at its finest! If its party politics rather than the person, then I give you……..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sex-text-mp-simon-danczuk-7235712

Pigface
    Free Member

What’s your point Rockape?

jimdubleyou

What’s your point Rockape?

I think the point is, being a **** is not exclusive to members of the tory party.

binners

But they do do it so whole-heartedly though. No half measures.

brassneck

Wow. Not wanting to acknowledge or have anything to do with your own child is bad enough, but the further restrictions on her living her life as she wants / can?? Words fail me.

Rockape63
    Free Member

quite interesting though, that the source for Parkinson was the Telegraph and for the current lowlife…the Mirror.

zippykona

I’m not a parent but I would have thought the first job of a man is to protect your offspring and put them first.
    When he didn’t ,he ceased to be a man.

binners

I think whats more telling is the members of the present Tory front bench queuing up to say what a great guy he was.

Apparently he was a very active member of the Parliamentary Golf Society. And thats the kind of valid contribution to the life of the nation that makes it easy to overlook the fact that he not only totally abandoned a disabled daughter, but then vindictively set out to make her life as miserable as possible to protect his own career.

Stay classy!

dragon
    Free Member

Not wanting to acknowledge or have anything to do with your own child is bad enough

Unfortunately it happens far too often.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Truly horrible story

Lots of things beggar belief, not least the idea that any such injunctions could be passed 😯

Pigface
    Free Member

I think the point is, being a **** is not exclusive to members of the tory party.

Not sure anybody has said that, he was a Tory and a vile excuse for a man, that Labour bloke seems of a similar hue.

Coyote
    Free Member

Claiming expenses for children you rarely see? Corrupt and if proven should be kicked out of parliament.

Not only refusing to acknowledge the existence of your child but actively making sure no-one else does either? Complete different league and suggests an empty shell devoid of humanity.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Wow a unanimous decision!

MoreCashThanDash

Terrible thing for a parent to do to their child.

But plenty of father’s disown their kids and have nothing to do with them. Not many are so paranoid to have a super injunction though.

Did his marriage survive the affair? Maybe his wife had a say in his (appalling) behaviour?

dragon
    Free Member

Not many are so paranoid to have a super injunction though.

Not many involved with running the country mind.

Yep he stayed married.

Also worth noting that initially at least the girls mother supported the injunction. Wonder if a deal was cut on maintenance allowance?

Sad mess really.

aracer
    Free Member

He was my MP* – lots of hatred for him there (well before anybody was aware of how he treated his daughter) so I reckon he’s lying about only getting 50 letters expressing hostility. That was of course in an area where a monkey with a blue rosette would get elected. Have to admit I’ve tended to ignore anything about him since I left there because I already thought he was a shit, so hadn’t realised quite how odious he was.

* for those who think they know how I vote, I’d left there before I first voted in a GE, so certainly never voted for him

aracer
    Free Member

I presume she hadn’t realised the implications, and Cecil persuaded her it was in all of their interests.

chewkw
    Free Member

Yeap, who told you lot politicians are angels? 😯

I wonder why the other woman slept with him?

Surely you get two fools to create more suffering? Yes?

Didn’t she know that if she was penetrated by him there was a great likelihood that she might conceive then to bring in a new life?

You have a womaniser and you have a willing woman who knew the married womaniser … bingo!

Bodily fluids exchanged … Life is created.

woody74

It’s great how politicians are so in love with their own egos that they actually think the public care if they have an affair and therefore feel they must resign. Why do none of them have enough bollocks to actually just say “Yes I f*cked up but I am good at my job so I am staying”

Seems a totally horrid self obsessed man.

Coyote
    Free Member

Chewkw. It’s not the infidelity nor the subsequent child. It’s the way he treated his child. Surely even you can see that.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 138 total)

The topic ‘Cecil Parkinson’ is closed to new replies.