Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Ceasars Camp – Hampshire
  • deviant
    Free Member

Anybody else ride here?….its the area of MOD land between Aldershot, Fleet and Farnborough.

I rode it years ago when i lived close by but found it flat and mainly consisting of access roads, the off piste stuff was sandy and frustrating too.

Just moved back to the area and took the bike across last week….well well well, the trail building pixies have been busy….its now actually quite good.

You have to look for the singletrack, its not obvious but a gap in the trees you might ride past without noticing leads to some good riding….like i said, you have to be willing to explore and keep the eyes peeled but i was pleasantly surprised….also ventured over to the part near Fleet where the road drops down through Beacon Hill….the off road terrain in Ceasars Camp virtually mirrors this topography and i’d go so far as to say there are now some proper DH sections cut into the hill there….i dont know if this trail building is organised or just local kids but its superb….especially so as its at the end of my road!
    Will post some pics if i get out this week.

scottfitz
    Free Member

I did the enduro 1 race there last year it was good fun. 😉

DT78
    Free Member

Good isn’t it. Shame it’s a drive for me.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gingajim
    Free Member

Lots and lots of stuff to ride around Fleet. Pop into see us at Pedal Heaven (Fleet) for more ideas or have a look at Tunnel Hill Trolls (local mtb club) for loads of regular rides.

Muke
    Free Member

well well well, the trail building pixies have been busy….its now actually quite good.

….i dont know if this trail building is organised or just local kids but its superb

http://trailactiongroup.co.uk/

rexated
    Free Member

definately post some photo’s please- i used to ride there in the late 90’s and miss the old stomping ground of my mtb youth!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What’s the deal with the army at the moment? I’ve been out of the area for a year now, when I left there was talk of a ban for MTBers in the area?

theotherjonv

There were a few issues earlier in the spring culminating in the possibility that the existing byelaws would be more rigorously enforced. As a result the boys and girls at TAG (link as above) have updated a code of conduct to spell out what you can and can’t do on military land, and what to expect if you get caught breaking the byelaws. In the meantime they have been involved in working with interested parties to see whether a compromise has been reached.

The message I’m preaching to my riding buddies on this matter are to tread lightly, to show we can co-exist. I wouldn’t presume to tell you whether to ride there or not, but just to be aware of the CoC and if you do run into the army or Landmarc wardens, do as you’re told / make yourself scarce and don’t start shouting the odds about whether you have rights or not. That won’t help in finding an amicable solution for you or TAG

pants
    Free Member

Flat LoL try a Brass Monkey that will change your mind!! 😀

Yes do take a look at TAG and please NO pics or GPS Links!!

shortcut

Surely Swinley has a better trail network, or the Surrey hills.

allthepies
    Free Member

+1 to tread lightly and respect the Army, please no groups of 30+ riders rocking round together 🙂

wings
    Free Member

+2 on respecting the army/by-laws and trying to avoid riding in large groups.

I know it might sound antisocial, but if you do find tracks like these its probably best not to post about them on a busy internet forum and add pictures! 🙂

And shortcut is right, there might be the few tracks used for the Brass Monkeys but you will struggle to adequately fill a days riding around there, and Swinley is still considerably better.

deviant
    Free Member

Fair comment on the pics, i’ll hold fire….

…re. the comments about Swinley and the Surrey Hills….yes, larger trail networks but i hate riding the same place every week, i lived in the Surrey Hills for 18 months and after a while i looked forward to putting the bike in the car and going elsewhere.

rootes1

you can get a reasonable look at the more open areas on Bing Birdseye / G Maps etc..

http://binged.it/MYjk8E

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Ceasars Camp – Hampshire’ is closed to new replies.