Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • CD storage – what do you use?
  • RustySpanner

About 6-700 CD’s, currently on two old bookshelves that are needed elsewhere.
    My instructions are that it/they has to have a passing resemblance to something that may once have been wood.

What do you use?
    Is it any good?

Can’t be fussed ripping, before you ask.

Drac

iPhone.

RustySpanner

I haven’t got an iPhone.
    I’ve got a Samsung but it won’t fit in the drawer of the CD player. 🙂
    Genuinely can’t be bothered ripping them all, I just want something that’s not too aesthetically offensive and keeps them all off the floor.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

These, ripped everything and ditched all the cases when I moved to Oz. Only ever open them to put some in the car now. Boxes all binned.

DrJ

I used to store them in Really Useful Boxes. Til I just chucked them out.

JCL
    Free Member

What’s a CD?

jeffl

IKEA billy here.

onehundredthidiot

I’m about to start ripping mine 🙁 Actually OHs father is going to do it for me :-).

cranberry
    Free Member

Get ripping.

jambalaya
    Free Member

As above. Rip all CDs to your computer (backed up) and keep CDs in a box in a dark cupboard or the loft. Music streamed to your sterio or held on a iPod type device (or selection on your smart phone)

DezB
    Free Member

Can’t be arsed ripping

Rip

Helpful! Maybe, like me, RS doesn’t want to ditch all his CDs? Maybe he likes to keep them, own them . hug them and love them like his little friends..?

IKEA here too – I have this slimline white cabinet with sliding doors, won’t fit the wood look you desire, but it’s a nice subtle storage unit.

footflaps

spacey

don’t listen to them……

I use these from Ikea http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90277145/#/90277145
    looks like wood, does the job nicely, at least 100 on each unit

MrNice
    Free Member

I had slightly fewer CDs than the OP. Ripcaster, NAP server, cardboard box did the job. I realize it’s not the question he asked but this is STW.

Ripped mine and put them all in a cardboard box. Then realised I preferred using CDs in some situations.

So I got a cheap (£25) bookcase from homebase. You can’t really tell its cheap beech effect chipboard as it full of CD’s.

Those IKEA CD racks look nice, but if you need three of them they work out a bit pricey.

flyingmonkeycorps

Another vote for the Ikea shelves, I have four and about to add a couple more so everything matches. I’d estimate a few more than 100 CDs in each mind.

hatter

Having lost all of my MP3’s a few years back following a catastrophic harddrive failure I’m still very much a fan of physical media.

Plus buying the CD or Vinyl at a gig is a much better way of actually getting money to the band themselves.

Currently I’m using a dozen of THESE

Although in one day I’d like to invest in a POSH OPTION from these chaps for my Vinyl at least.

flyingmonkeycorps

I’m building in some shelves for my vinyl, but that’s a whole different story!

loddrik
    Free Member

Stick ’em all in Google Music, and then the actual CD’s in the loft/bin/sell them.

gobuchul
    Free Member

You could download them from a torrent site?

As you actually own the CD’s not really illegal, just set the upload limit to zero.

warton
    Free Member

franki
    Free Member

I bought a shelf unit from Argos that holds over 700CDs.
    It does the job, but could do with being stronger as the shelves are bowing a bit. I’m also now using Benno towers from Ikea, so I can add more as I fill them up.

…looks like Ikea are doing GNEDBY towers instead now. 🙄

franki
    Free Member

Maybe, like me, RS doesn’t want to ditch all his CDs? Maybe he likes to keep them, own them . hug them and love them like his little friends..?

Me too. 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Glad there are other normal folk on here franki 🙂

senorj

I started ripping all ours – I gave in after I got too distracted dancing. 😀

wallop

The loft.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Whereabouts are you Rusty? I’ve got a tall wooden cd unit (think it was from IKEA) that’s empty since I got shut of my cd’s to music magpie. It’s obviously too big to post, but it’s here if you want it (I’m in Barnsley, South Yorks).

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘CD storage – what do you use?’ is closed to new replies.