Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • CD storage
  • nicko74

I’m struggling with this one. Long story short, the OH is miffed about my CDs, and claiming that they can’t be stored anywhere that one might see them (or be able to actually reach them), but must instead be stored in the basement.
    So, anyone got good, non-eyesore CD storage solutions they can recommend that women don’t complain about?

For reference:
    400-500 CDs
    Hifi is in the living room, so CDs should be around there
    She hates CD-specific shelving
    And I do already have everything on MP3, I just like playing CDs.

Bookshelf? Filing cabinet? Just shoving them behind books on a bookcase??

onewheelgood

I had this discussion but I won, so mine are on some shelves from RedDisplays. But before I won I was looking at this guy – but it’s not cheap.

boxfish
    Free Member

How about…

1. Take CDs out of cases (plus inlays/booklets if so desired)
    2. Put CDs etc in big CD wallet folder type thing

It’s a compromise…whereas I ripped all mine to MP3 on a Brennan JB7 and the CDs now live in the garage

RichPenny
    Free Member

I used this for a long time. CDs will sit upright in the drawers so you can still read the spine. Small drawers would hold about 25 CDs, big ones about 75 so not too bad. If you were bothered you’d be able to find inserts to fit the drawers for slightly tidier browsing, I never bothered though. I reckon there are loads of really nice looking ones around if your girlfriend is bothered about aesthetics.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘CD storage’ is closed to new replies.