Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • CCTV systems – advice
  • r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Morning all,

My dad is looking to increase his existing alarm system with the addition of a CCTV camera.

He wants it to –

Work independently of the existing alarm system.
    Record footage.
    Be able to access live footage from iPad / iPhone at any time.

So what are his options? I’m assuming there are cameras out there that tick all of these boxes but I’ve no idea what I’m looking at.

Can anyone spare some advice?

Cheers!

Oops should have put this in the chat section. Apologies!

hammyuk
    Free Member

Too many to list!
    Either a hard drive with cameras and IP log in or there are single units that do the same but each camera will be independent.

petrieboy

I’m looking at this just now. Hikvision seem to do a good range of IP cameras and NVR’s at pretty sensible money.
    I’d be interested to hear experiences of folks on here that have done it already tho…..

badbob
    Free Member

maplins have the new range of Swann NVR’s, that run at 720P , work well wih ipads and pcs too!

r8jimbob88
    Free Member
    porter_jamie

i have one of the swan ones, it has been working for about 3 years now no dramas. be aware the software isnt apple simple to use. and remember to write down your password! we had a minor drama because we used an old pc monitor and someone changed the resolution on the swan and it all went horriblly wrong – the only way to fix it was to find a newer monitor with higher res and put it back

rolyberkin
    Free Member

It really depends what you want to achieve, if you want to display a visible deterrent and are not that worried about the final quality of the picture then the cheaper end of the market is fine. If you want to actually identify anyone then you would need to be looking at a 1080p system. Take a look at demos on youtube and compare the difference, best to buy a smaller better quality system and add to it rather than a bespoke kit and be disappointed. hdcctv.co.uk is a good starting point to compare the cost of upper end equipment.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘CCTV systems – advice’ is closed to new replies.