The company I've been doing work for the past year has stated all personnel must hold one of these cards, which is aimed at construction industry safety.
- I am 100% office based and never go to site.
- What I do in the office is not related to construction.
- I have passed safety inducstions for the office and site.
- The course costs £50 and they are expecting me to both pay for it and do it in my own time. (I'd also have to travel to the venue and pay for parking).
- The entire scheme appears to be simply a govenment revenue stream as it apperas to have had zero impact on accident rates.
The firm saw all my qualifications on the CV and I have never claimed to hold the card. I was asked when i started if I has it and answered no.
Should I dig my heels in or just suck it up and do it. GRRRR