• This topic has 11 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Sui.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • CCDBCS Question
  • SOAP
    Free Member

I have slight knocking riding slowly on small bumps and thought it was the bushes but not so sure now.
    I’ve noticed on the first 10mm of travel my shock starts to have resistance 0-4mm then less resistance from 4-10 mm and then starts the resistance again at about the 10mm mark.
    Anyone else notice this?
    My bikes a banshee spitfire if that make a difference.

teethgrinder

Mine does the same… Same bike.
    Don’t notice it when riding, so not bothered.

goodgrief
    Free Member

Try turning your clutch mech off.

poah
    Free Member

lift the bike up by the saddle. if there is movement/knocking then its the bushings. The CCDB inline has this, its the negative spring equalising but I’ve not felt it in my bro inlaws DBair CS. do you have a volume reducer in it? mine never did it untill I put one in.

SOAP
    Free Member

Can’t see how the mech is connected to the shock 😯
    I also cannot notice this when riding unless it would effect square edge hits which are a little harsh at times.
    it’s only when I went to the shop to ask about bushes that it got noticed.
    I have got 2 small volume reducers in which I’m not sure I need.

poah
    Free Member

take the volume reducers out and see if it still does it.

SOAP
    Free Member

I’ll try it without the reducers but first I need to find a pan head hex bolt that’s not made of cheese to replace the one supplied by Banshee.

goodgrief
    Free Member

The axle path of the spitfire is initially quite rearward so you get chain growth and the mech swings forward. When the clutch breaks the tension it can feel like a clicking shock.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Can’t see how the mech is connected to the shock

It is, it effectively increase stiction in the rear suspension when the switch is turned on.

SOAP
    Free Member

I’ve removed the volume reducers and it has cured the problem.
    Will have to see if I blow through the travel without them fitted.
    Would that of caused any performance issues?
    Not tried riding with the clutch off to see if the clicking stops.

poah
    Free Member

I think its to do with the movement of the volume reducers inside the air can

Sui
    Free Member

I’ve got a spitty,undo the shock and then see if you get the same thing, you’ll see that the mech is causing it (most likely), you don’t notice when riding though as I think themovement in the drive chain when riding counters it somewhat..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘CCDBCS Question’ is closed to new replies.