Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • CCDB Users – How much sag ?
  • the_lecht_rocks

and on what bike ?

AWi
    Free Member

I read up a lot on the CCDB prior to messing with mine, seems like it favors rather high sag. I currently run ~35% sag on a 08 Turner RFX. Best shock I’ve ridden by a long shot. You’ll need to back off that low speed compression quite a lot though.

the_lecht_rocks

nah – with 35% sag, you’d need to wind up the LSC and back off the HSC and adjust LSR and HSR to suit, surely ?

fwiw, i’m also at 35% sag, but suffering pedal strike somewhat 😯

AWi
    Free Member

Nope – I reduced the LSC to improve slow speed action over smaller bumps etc, I also reduced the LSR one click to achieve a somewhat slower return. I’ve actually left the HSC and HSR alone in factory settings.

35% sag causes the odd pedal strike for me as well if I don’t watch out, running a 550 steel spring, weighing 90kg + gear

Performance is a huge improvement over the stock RP23, seems to work better the faster the bike goes.

the_lecht_rocks

awi – i hear you…..but the RFX is a 160mm frameset and the RP23 / Monarch, etc, just can’t deal with mid-stoke developed by such long travel action.
    my 6 Pack was transformed with the CCDB, but I ran only approx 28% sag, and it ruled 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

I wouldnt recommend doing things approximately with this shock. Do you mean 28% sag or 27.5%?

the_lecht_rocks

stoner – i’ve been caught for this before by the flash of ginger 🙂

the_lecht_rocks

and i’m anal about these things !

Stoner
    Free Member

I can bore for medals on bike bits, but you must be roaring company down the pub! 🙂

the_lecht_rocks

fortunately, my mates are hewn from the same cloth, if not worse 🙂

solamanda
    Free Member

You need to learn how to ride a bike with a low BB. Give it time and don’t run a compromised shock setup as that’s cheating! My 8″ travel bike has a BB lower than yours and I suffer barely any strikes.

the_lecht_rocks

solamanda – i hear you………. thanks for the advice – i’ll keep perservering 😀

the_lecht_rocks

solamanda – btw – the AM has a 14″ static BB height.

gamo
    Free Member

Do you get fewer pedal strikes with the ccdb than the monarch?

the_lecht_rocks

not when i was running 40% sag – swapped springs today and wound up the preload to 30%ish – will thrash tomorrow gamo.

solamanda
    Free Member

solamanda – btw – the AM has a 14″ static BB height.

My UFO is currently set to 13.5″, so low the bash ring strikes if both ends bottom out!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘CCDB Users – How much sag ?’ is closed to new replies.