Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • CCDB setup
  • mildred

Does anyone on here run a CCDB on a 5 or other single pivot bike?

I’m looking at buying one and need to know the correct spring rate. I’ve read somewhere that I may need a different spring rate to other shocks such as Fox because of the difference in damping circuits, the fox propedal etc.

What are your experiences please?

Cheers
    Mark

benjag
    Free Member

CC generaly recommend 30% sag, a bit more than normal so you may need a lower rate spring.

pastcaring
    Free Member

email cane creek, they should be able to give you some base settings. malcolm@canecreek.com

i brought my ccdb off here and the original owner (thanks adam) forwarded the email from cc with the settings

benjag
    Free Member

you don’t need to mail them here’s the std settings:

[/url]

pastcaring
    Free Member

benjag – Member
    you don’t need to mail them here’s the std settings:

if you contact them they’ll give yo a starting point, not just tell you what everything does. as every frame will be a little different.

dw 5spot

Turning clockwise.
    HSC 1-1.5 turns
    LSC 10-14 clicks
    HSR 1-1.75 turns
    LSR 10-12 clicks

grantway
    Free Member

Give Orange Technical department a call
    And also google Cane Creek double barrel set up
    Apparantly not an easy shock to set up

grantway
    Free Member

Try this too

null

Woow i can now copy and paste

geetee1972
    Free Member

The issue with the spring rate is simply that you can usually go down a spring because the damper is cycling a lot more oil than other dapmers so more of your weight can be supported by the oil rather than the spring. At least that’s what I’ve been told.

So if on the spring calculator you’re using you’d normally run a 500lb/inch then you can go down to a 450. Mojo and TF however have very different views on spring rates, with Mojo suggesting they should be much heavier than TF.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

i have both nuts 5 clicks forward and both screws 5 clicks forward all from fully open and went whinlatter today and loved it so i guess ive done something right there, i guess everyone has there own setting so that’s mine lol

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Email Malcolm at CC

Let him know your weight,bike set up and riding style. He will give you a spring suggestion.

I am 95-kg and run 550lb on my Nic and it’d perfect. Other bikes I would bottom out instantly with a 550lb spring!

Set up takes a bit of tweaking and fiddling and as other posters mentioned it will be different for every rider.

Tremendous bit of kit once you get it nailed.

Good Luck

Rik
    Free Member

Everything depends on You and how You ride. The stock setting are a good starting point, read the unbelievably good manual, ride the stock settings for at least 10 rides then have a play The setting make enough of a difference when you change them you know so just do one at a time.

Btw aim for at least 35%+ sag on the Five for full effect of the ccdb

Northwind

grantway – Member

“Apparantly not an easy shock to set up”

Yup. Welcome to the joys of More Adjustment Than You Know What To Do With. A million wrong settings and one right one. When I got my first Ohlins shock it took me about 20 minutes to set it up so badly that the bike was unsafe to ride :mrgreen:

Rik
    Free Member

Balls – it’s not hard at all.

It’s only hard if you rush or don’t understand what and why you have don’t what you’ve done.

After 10 rides before you even touch any settings so you can understand the stock settings and why they are stock.

In 20 mins all you should have done nothing!!

Ride a trail you know well, adjust ONE dial one or two notches, carry on riding, doenst feel right go back to the previous setting, feels better try another notch. Patience is a virtue, so they say……

grantway
    Free Member

After riding the wife for 18 years is patience,
    Virtue no stupid :mrgreen:

mildred

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘CCDB setup’ is closed to new replies.